PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub C454 boy printing (blank pages)

Custom Search

Rikk811
08-16-2017, 01:34 AM
Hey all!
I have a customer who only gets blank pages when they print/copy. They can scan, so we can cross that off the list.
I checked all consumables and they look good. Hard stopped prints, no image on drums or transfer belt.
I've replaced the HV Board and the PRCB, and the power board next to the PH unit.
Next, will replace OH, if that doesn't do it, I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

copyman
08-16-2017, 01:45 AM
So you have a C454 "boy" shooting blanks? My instinct says to look at transfer. door contacts, etc.

Most component failure like laser unit, etc would throw a code.

By any chance did you stop an internal test page mid cycle and check for image on trans belt?

Rikk811
08-16-2017, 03:09 AM
Haha! Yeah, the "boy" was a typo. Yeah, I stopped some internal prints mid cycle, but no image on drums or belt. I wouldn't think it's the PH either, but that's pretty much the only other thing left other than the MFP board (which I know is not the problem) Maybe I'll throw a new transfer belt and see what happens

Woxner
08-16-2017, 04:18 AM
you must be getting so kind of p codes. will it run gradation? will it do single color. do they use codes to run the machine? if so maybe print and copy was locked out

Rikk811
08-16-2017, 06:46 AM
No p codes until I replaced the HV unit then ran stabilization. It now is showing p codes for all drums, fuser and belt, plus a few I don't recognize w/o looking up. No authentication, rubbing gradation only prints blank pages, no matter which color

kingarthur
08-16-2017, 08:35 AM
is it on all colours, or just mono, I've just been to one that didn't print any black at all, the dev unit wasn't turning, due to the gear on the end of the dev unit and the one that meshes with it on the drive unit, both worn, i had to replace both the dev unit & the main drive, strange thing was, it never made any noise before failing

copier addict
08-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Is there a piece of paper laying across the printhead? That would cause a no image condition.

copyman
08-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Not sure if it would be possible for a piece of paper to be on the printhead. There are 4 printheads and they are under the image units so no way paper could get under the IU's and cover print heads.

REGSIS
08-16-2017, 03:20 PM
is it on all colours, or just mono, I've just been to one that didn't print any black at all, the dev unit wasn't turning, due to the gear on the end of the dev unit and the one that meshes with it on the drive unit, both worn, i had to replace both the dev unit & the main drive, strange thing was, it never made any noise before failing

In my case only black missing; dev unit is not turning - gears OK but solenoid was stuck.

@Rikk811
Remove all dev units and mark at least 2 gears on each of them. Turn ON the machine run few copies then look if the gears turn or not. If not check main drive and gears, if no strange sound check solenoid.

If all of the markings turns then main drive should be ok; check PH unit or even PH unit drive board especially if all colours are missing.

copier addict
08-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Not sure if it would be possible for a piece of paper to be on the printhead. There are 4 printheads and they are under the image units so no way paper could get under the IU's and cover print heads.

The printhead on these machines is a single unit with four lenses. Not sure how the paper would get there, but if the printhead wasn't firing there would be an error code, however if the printhead was just covered it would only produce P codes. It's just a thought.

allan
08-16-2017, 10:04 PM
I have seen that machines will error out if the mirror does not spin, but seen a couple of cases where no error will occur if no data gets sent or does not get there.

:cool:If you want to take a rookie for a ride find a B36/B42 machine and turn the laser data ribbon upside down in the socket on the MFPB. No errors and no image.

DelawareJim
08-17-2017, 01:16 AM
Try a "trouble reset". I think on that model you continue to hold the yellow reset button down and turn the copier ON. When you see trouble reset on the display panel, touch it, then OFF/ON the copier. I have seen it clear up a bunch of strange issues over the years. It's worth a shot.

Rikk811
08-19-2017, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the tips. Finally got it working. Shockingly, after replacing the MFP board it started working. Never thought that was going to be the cause

Custom Search