PDA

View Full Version : 364e t81's

Custom Search

HuronMan
08-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Hey Now,
So I have a bh364e that has, in the last few days, started throwing T81's when you try to send a fax. I get a dial tone at the machine but when you hit start, it scans the orig. and immediately shows t81. Report just says NG. When you try calling it from my cell phone, you can here the fax noise on the phone but the machine give no indication that its being called. They say it's on a POTS line. I can pug an old analog phone in to the line and make and receive calls.
I tried flashing it. I reinitialized the fax unit, tried voip settings and even replaced the fax board. I ran the self diagnostic/all and it came back good. After all that I found out that there's another machine down the hall with a fax unit in it that I tested and it works. So I push my machine down there and it does the same thing, t81. I was about to back up and reinitialize the whole machine when they said there leaving for the weekend and had to leave so it hasn't happened yet.
Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

blackcat4866
08-19-2017, 12:58 AM
Actual hardware problems on a MFP with fax? I've replaced one fax card on a Copystar CS-2560. It completely locked up the machine, but removing the fax option restored the rest of the functions.

That's one in the last 7 years. Actual hardware problems are as rare as hen's teeth. =^..^=

copyman
08-19-2017, 01:53 AM
Just a thought...

Are you sure you have machine destination set for your country (Marketing Area) in tech rep mode? I have seen fax do strange things if country is set back to default JP (Japan). I've had them receive but not send, visa-versa, etc.etc

EarthKmTech
08-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Hey Now,
So I have a bh364e that has, in the last few days, started throwing T81's when you try to send a fax. I get a dial tone at the machine but when you hit start, it scans the orig. and immediately shows t81. Report just says NG. When you try calling it from my cell phone, you can here the fax noise on the phone but the machine give no indication that its being called. They say it's on a POTS line. I can pug an old analog phone in to the line and make and receive calls.
I tried flashing it. I reinitialized the fax unit, tried voip settings and even replaced the fax board. I ran the self diagnostic/all and it came back good. After all that I found out that there's another machine down the hall with a fax unit in it that I tested and it works. So I push my machine down there and it does the same thing, t81. I was about to back up and reinitialize the whole machine when they said there leaving for the weekend and had to leave so it hasn't happened yet.
Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

I've had an e series do something simiar before and just initialised all settings in service mode, not just fax, everything and it fixed it.

fortunately you can back up all settings and address book to usb so its of minimal risk to just try it.

Synthohol
08-21-2017, 01:48 AM
have a copy of movie data handy.
if you need it let us know.

Custom Search