PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C360 duplex jams J-7216

Custom Search

mascan42
08-19-2017, 03:29 PM
If anyone is familiar with the C360, the duplex diverter gate is non-powered on this machine. Paper coming up from the fuser pushes up on the gate, and is guided to the exit, then the guide drops back down by simple gravity. Paper being reversed passes over the top of this same gate, in the lowered position.

What seems to be happening with my machine is that it's doing both at the same time. Paper is still being reversed over the top of the gate when another page comes up from underneath it, and jams. I can hear the exiting paper crash into the gate while the reversing motor is still running. This only happens with portrait letter size paper, since the spacing of the sheets is different for landscape.

All of the exit guides including the diverter gate have been replaced, and it seemed to work for a couple of months, but now it's doing the exact same thing. Any ideas?

Synthohol
08-19-2017, 04:19 PM
please refresh my memory, are the exit rollers an orange sponge material?
i had many issues when the sponge rollers start to crumble. the paper being duplexed does not return into the door fast enough it slips.
the other issue was the lower paper sensor in the duplex door would stick and throw off the timing.
good luck.

mascan42
08-19-2017, 04:53 PM
No the rolls are hard grey rubber. The entire right door and transport assembly have been replaced, which solved the problem, but only for a couple of months.

copier tech
08-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Does the machine have the internal finisher FS-529 ?

mascan42
08-19-2017, 09:53 PM
No it's the floor-standing finisher, FS-527. And the paper doesn't get anywhere near it. It jams before reaching the exit rolls.

copier tech
08-19-2017, 10:45 PM
No it's the floor-standing finisher, FS-527. And the paper doesn't get anywhere near it. It jams before reaching the exit rolls.

J-7216 is a finisher jam

tech51
08-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Had exactly this fault a while back. In my case it was a dirty sensor on the entry to the finisher bridge unit.

mascan42
08-19-2017, 11:53 PM
Had exactly this fault a while back. In my case it was a dirty sensor on the entry to the finisher bridge unit.

It's been replaced.

allan
08-20-2017, 10:41 AM
The rubber on the switch back unit rollers?

Custom Search