PDA

View Full Version : Google Cloud Print C284e

Custom Search

copierwhisper
08-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Anyone out there configured the C284e to print using Google Cloud Print? I have the i-option installed, what's the set up process to get the machine to work with Google Cloud Printing?

Woxner
08-21-2017, 12:23 AM
you need to install the app on the machine. then you need to set certain things on the machine. the app is free

emujo2
08-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Market Place App (App controller) is free, but scan to google drive/mail/ scan to drop box, sharepoint...these are not free, but IMHO they are pretty reasonable. MFP needs I-Option firmware, additional memory, and Web Browser I-Option. Setup instructions come with each app (download from marketplace store). Emujo

progoffice
08-21-2017, 08:38 PM
Thanks for bringing this topic up guys; however, I just browsed the bizhub Marketplace and I don't see any apps that mention Google Cloud Printing. The newer Kyocera's simply have a section in the web interface where you register the printer to a Google account. Why does Konica make this so difficult? What am I missing? What specific app enables Google Cloud Print?

copierwhisper
08-21-2017, 09:19 PM
This is interesting and frustrating. I have the i-option installed and functioning on my C224e. My customer is using Chromebooks and they want to print to the bizhub via Google Cloud Print. It would seem (unless I'm wrong, which I hope I am) that the required app from KM Marketplace is not available in the USA. I see apps that allow printing gmail and such from the control panel of the machine, but what app allows Chromebook to add the device for printing? Is it the Google Cloud Print app that is required to enable printing from a Chromebook running Google Drive to the Konica Minolta?

Woxner
08-22-2017, 01:42 AM
cloud print works here . if they are at the office and using chrome book just hit control p. if they are at home thats what people want cloud print for.

REGSIS
08-22-2017, 07:35 AM
For certified technicians APP is free to download from infohub (use application filter).
It comes with instructions.

rrrohan
08-22-2017, 12:28 PM
This is interesting and frustrating. I have the i-option installed and functioning on my C224e. My customer is using Chromebooks and they want to print to the bizhub via Google Cloud Print. It would seem (unless I'm wrong, which I hope I am) that the required app from KM Marketplace is not available in the USA. I see apps that allow printing gmail and such from the control panel of the machine, but what app allows Chromebook to add the device for printing? Is it the Google Cloud Print app that is required to enable printing from a Chromebook running Google Drive to the Konica Minolta?

Still waiting for it in Australia too

copierwhisper
08-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Update: Konica Minolta confirmed that Google Cloud Print MarketPlace App is not available in the USA. KM did say that with the correct settings enabled Google Cloud Print Classic will work. I for one have not had success in getting classic to work and I have requested more information regarding the specific settings that need to be enabled. Anyone on the USA been able to set up Google Cloud Print Classic on the C224e series? If so, could you share the settings that need to be enabled?

Woxner
08-23-2017, 09:06 PM
i installed the app here in florida and it worked

progoffice
08-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Which app, and where did you find it?

Custom Search