PDA

View Full Version : Service Notification Failed message

Custom Search

progoffice
08-22-2017, 04:26 PM
I've got a C364e that is displaying a message randomly that says "Service Notification Failed" turn machine off and back on and will be blinking orange. The machine will still copy/print/scan etc. while in this state, so it's not like a service code is present. I have the machine configured to email us meter reads and status notifications. Among these, I have the machine programmed to let us know if toner/waste toner is low and if there is a service call generated on the machine. Scan to email works, and I've forced a meter read to our meter inbox successfully. Perhaps the machine is trying to email us a status notification and can't??? There are no service codes in the history. Or, is this message related to Vcare settings? This is a refurbished machine, so I'm not sure if it was connected to a remote server for "service notifications" in the past. Any help is appreciated.

emujo2
08-22-2017, 07:23 PM
This is a message generated when the MFP can't reach KMs Vcare server (HTTP 1 way only, SMTP is not monitored like this. If you are not using vcare just go into service mode and do a vcare date clear (not a MFP data clear). if you require vcare then something has changed that is blocking the MFP from getting an outside web connection, and it will continue to display this message until it's corrected. Emujo

progoffice
08-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Thanks emujo. It took me a while to find where the vCare RAM clear setting was, but I think I got it taken care of.

D Colour
10-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Hi
We are having the same problem with an ex-lease machine. Turn Main Switch OFF and ON. Service Notification Failed. If you turn it off/on the message does clear for a while, but then returns.

We have checked Service Mode/CS Remote Care and done the data initialise, also entered (albeit a made up 7 digit ID Code) and done the RAM Clear.

Also entered CS Remote Care via the web browser and run the data initialisation in there.

Had a look at Service Mode/Machine Update Settings, but nothing is turned on here.

Are we missing something?

KMFLT3CH
10-20-2017, 01:58 PM
There should be two things to clear in service mode to disable VCare communication completely:

SVC Mode > CS Remote Care > Start Maintenance > input any 7 digits > END > Detail Settings > RAM clear > Set > END

and

SVC Mode > CS Remote Care > Server Settings > Data initialize > Yes > END

jonbonse
09-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Thanks emujo. It took me a while to find where the vCare RAM clear setting was, but I think I got it taken care of.

Can you let me know where it was?

KMFLT3CH
09-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Can you let me know where it was?

Your answer is literally right above your question :rolleyes:

jonbonse
09-10-2018, 03:06 PM
Your answer is literally right above your question :rolleyes:

Yes I saw that however could not locate the first part (RAM Clear) ....

Phil B.
09-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Yes I saw that however could not locate the first part (RAM Clear) ....

NOT RAM CLEAR... that will really muck up the works.

jonbonse
09-10-2018, 05:42 PM
NOT RAM CLEAR... that will really muck up the works.

This bit:

SVC Mode > CS Remote Care > Start Maintenance > input any 7 digits > END > Detail Settings > RAM clear > Set > END

copier tech
01-29-2019, 03:37 PM
There should be two things to clear in service mode to disable VCare communication completely:

and

SVC Mode > CS Remote Care > Server Settings > Data initialize > Yes > END

Thanks for the info this helped me out today!

However I didnt do the 2nd step but message went away?

Custom Search