PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C284e changing control panel "machine image"

Custom Search

copier tech
08-22-2017, 09:28 PM
I have a customer that asked me if I could add their logo to the main screen on the control panel, reading in the service manual doesn't really explain how this is done, have any of you guys tried this?

The CE manual doesn't say what file type, name or size etc the image has to be!?

I have changed the boot up screen fine just not the main screen "wallpaper".

Synthohol
08-22-2017, 10:32 PM
as far as i know only the boot screen can be customized.
the regular panel images can be switched to other preset ones in Admin mode but just presets no custom images.
heres a better illustrated guide for those that want to change the bootup screen

copier addict
08-23-2017, 12:14 AM
Download the "Bootscreen Converter" from KonMin. It is quite simple to use. I do it on every machine that leaves my shop.

copier tech
08-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Like I said I have changed the BOOT UP SCREEN no problem.

From reading the service manual it says the main screen CAN be customized!?
(See link below from CE manual)

kingarthur
08-23-2017, 08:36 AM
I've done it on a C227, but can't remember how, looking at the C454e in the tech rep, it would appear that it is possible...

B0265
08-23-2017, 09:00 AM
In the current models you can change the "wall paper" in main menu display settings but I don't Think that's possible in the 4e series.
"Machine image" is something different.

copier tech
08-23-2017, 09:45 AM
In the current models you can change the "wall paper" in main menu display settings but I don't Think that's possible in the 4 series.
"Machine image" is something different.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I guess that would be used if the machine was a Develop not KM model.

copier addict
08-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Like I said I have changed the BOOT UP SCREEN no problem.

From reading the service manual it says the main screen CAN be customized!?
(See link below from CE manual)

Sorry, somehow I missed that last sentence in your initial post. :rolleyes:.
For some reason the option shows in service mode on the 4e series machines, but it is only changeable on the 8 series.

Custom Search