PDA

View Full Version : C1070 C-2824

Custom Search

MVPunisher
08-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Machine cannot get through an adjustment without coding out. Replaced black developing unit and developer. Removed, cleaned and inspected image correction unit. Swapped drums and charges with another color.

SERVICE MANUAL:

The output voltage of the
IDC sensor (IDCS) is
detected more than the
specified value on the
patch/K of the MPC
maximum output.

• Printer control board
(PRCB)
• Developing unit/K
• IDC sensor (IDCS)
• Color registration shutter
solenoid (SD4)

******With that being said I called Konica tech support and they pointed me to a knowledge base solution from the c8000 that does not really follow what the manual told me. I have a plan of attack here but was just wondering if anyone has seen this that could make my plan easier.

Knowledgebase solution:

Error
C-2821 (Y), C-2822 (M), C-2823 (C) or C-2824 (K)

Root Cause
Charging potential Vh terminated abnormally.

Workaround/Fix
To troubleshoot:
1. Check the connection of the process carriage drawer connectors.
2. Access I/O check mode 51-xx. It should be ON. If not, replace the subject part.

xx=00 (Eraser lamp/Y - EL Y)
xx=01 (Eraser lamp/M - EL M)
xx=02 (Eraser lamp/C - EL C)
xx=03 (Eraser lamp/K - EL K)

3. Check the connection of CN160/CN161/CN162 (Printer Control board) and wiring for the connectors. If any problem is found, correct it.
4. Check if ICP16 on the Printer Control board (p/n A1RF H050 0D) is OPEN. If so, replace the problem board.
5. If the cause could not be specified by the above steps, replace the parts in the following order.

Printer control board
Drum potential sensor/Y/M/C/K (p/n A1RF R747 00)
Eraser lamp/Y/M/C/K (p/n 65AA 8307 0)
Wiring (p/n A1RF N123 03 - Main Body Wiring /3, p/n A1RF N147 00 - Transfer Wiring /1 and p/n A1RF N151 00 - Toner Detection harness /1)

MVPunisher
08-25-2017, 12:27 PM
I must add that after replacing the black developing unit it did run for a half day.

Issac-brock
12-19-2017, 01:07 AM
Machine cannot get through an adjustment without coding out. Replaced black developing unit and developer. Removed, cleaned and inspected image correction unit. Swapped drums and charges with another color.

SERVICE MANUAL:

The output voltage of the
IDC sensor (IDCS) is
detected more than the
specified value on the
patch/K of the MPC
maximum output.

• Printer control board
(PRCB)
• Developing unit/K
• IDC sensor (IDCS)
• Color registration shutter
solenoid (SD4)

******With that being said I called Konica tech support and they pointed me to a knowledge base solution from the c8000 that does not really follow what the manual told me. I have a plan of attack here but was just wondering if anyone has seen this that could make my plan easier.

Knowledgebase solution:

Error
C-2821 (Y), C-2822 (M), C-2823 (C) or C-2824 (K)

Root Cause
Charging potential Vh terminated abnormally.

Workaround/Fix
To troubleshoot:
1. Check the connection of the process carriage drawer connectors.
2. Access I/O check mode 51-xx. It should be ON. If not, replace the subject part.

xx=00 (Eraser lamp/Y - EL Y)
xx=01 (Eraser lamp/M - EL M)
xx=02 (Eraser lamp/C - EL C)
xx=03 (Eraser lamp/K - EL K)

3. Check the connection of CN160/CN161/CN162 (Printer Control board) and wiring for the connectors. If any problem is found, correct it.
4. Check if ICP16 on the Printer Control board (p/n A1RF H050 0D) is OPEN. If so, replace the problem board.
5. If the cause could not be specified by the above steps, replace the parts in the following order.

Printer control board
Drum potential sensor/Y/M/C/K (p/n A1RF R747 00)
Eraser lamp/Y/M/C/K (p/n 65AA 8307 0)
Wiring (p/n A1RF N123 03 - Main Body Wiring /3, p/n A1RF N147 00 - Transfer Wiring /1 and p/n A1RF N151 00 - Toner Detection harness /1)

Had similar on a C7000 where I did not plug the black charger in all the way....drove me crazy with codes.

blackcat4866
12-19-2017, 02:13 AM
There's an adjustment that you must do any time you clean or touch the IDC sensors. Auto-something something ... I'll check. =^..^=

blackcat4866
12-22-2017, 02:48 AM
Sorry so long:
It's Machine Adjustment > Printer Adjustment > Color Registration Auto Adjustment (run up to [3] times).
=^..^=

MVPunisher
01-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Yea I run the Auto gamma and that Color Registration adjustment you speak of everytime I touch anything.

I have swapped entire carriages, K Drum, K Developer unit, charge, prcb, color reg assy. ]

The machine we move it to still does not code out. This one still does. Laser or Wiring (backordered) is my plan. Really wooping me.....

MVPunisher
01-03-2018, 12:15 PM
This machine is in my office. We have a printshop out front. We have 2 of them so I can swap parts if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

blackcat4866
01-03-2018, 11:41 PM
My main suggestion is: don't touch the black laser if you don't have to.

All the color registration and image adjustments are based on the position of the black laser. Move it, and you'll spend a lot of time doing adjustments (even if you just take it in and out).

It could be a laser. =^..^=

Custom Search