PDA

View Full Version : Konica c360 how to turn email back on after reinitialisation

Custom Search

DOE
08-28-2017, 10:01 PM
have a Konica c360 that I had to reinitialize. Had to go back in and turn on hard drive so it would fax and now customer says it is not emailing. there it guy said that was something I needed to turn on can someone tell me how I do that thank you

Nommo
08-28-2017, 10:07 PM
In Network Settings there's Email tab - there it is needed to turn SMTP ON and configure it (otherwise it can be done by webpage). Remember to put in "Administrator's email" - it needs to be the same as scan-sending email. (Administrator Settings -> Machine Settings -> Administrator Registration).

Regards,
Nommo.

DOE
08-29-2017, 11:01 PM
In Network Settings there's Email tab - there it is needed to turn SMTP ON and configure it (otherwise it can be done by webpage). Remember to put in "Administrator's email" - it needs to be the same as scan-sending email. (Administrator Settings -> Machine Settings -> Administrator Registration).

Regards,
Nommo.
They had an internet Tech come over yesterday and he went over all the settings and says they are all correct. He is the one that previously set it up. You are able to go through the process of scanning to email but the other person never receives it. This all happened after I reinitialize the machine. I double check that the things were on that the previous responder said to make sure was on. Right now the i.t guy does not know what to do. Any ideas of be greatly appreciated

copier addict
08-29-2017, 11:22 PM
They had an internet Tech come over yesterday and he went over all the settings and says they are all correct. He is the one that previously set it up. You are able to go through the process of scanning to email but the other person never receives it. This all happened after I reinitialize the machine. I double check that the things were on that the previous responder said to make sure was on. Right now the i.t guy does not know what to do. Any ideas of be greatly appreciated

What error code are you getting? If it isn't displaying error codes go into admin and turn "Display network error codes" on. Once you do that you can reference the error code in the HTML user manual and it will give an idea in which way to go.

emujo2
08-30-2017, 02:19 PM
If you are not getting a "failed to complete job" error at the MFP control panel, then the MFP has done its job. It has handed off the mail message and the mail server has accepted it, but for whatever reason has decided not to forward it, or has deleted it. If you are seeing this error message then you need to go into the job log on the copier display, find the send log, highlight the failed job and touch details. This will give you slightly less generic reason for the failure..Server connect, login, server disk full error, ect. Go back to the IT guy and verify..

Server name or IP (test by pinging from copier to verify basic connectivity)
Correct ports and SSL/TLS Settings
Is MFP authentication needed and are you using the correct login credentials
Correct Admin, and From Address.

Was there a function version change that may have been reset (softswitch settings) when you did the data clear. MFP may no longer support some protocol that was enabled with this change.
I always have a basic gmail account that does not use 2 step authentication that I use to verify the MFP can send email. If this works, it can help you convince the IT rep it has to do with a setting on their side. Emujo

B0265
08-30-2017, 02:51 PM
If you are using SSL/TLS verify that there is a device certificate installed.

peter42
09-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Go to machine and try a ping to SMTP-adress.
Adminmode-Network-TCPIP-Detalied-Ping.
Try both Hostname and IP adress.

Nommo
09-01-2017, 12:29 PM
If you are using domain as SMTP server address remember to put in DNS settings in network settings.

Regards,
Nommo.

rrrohan
09-02-2017, 12:28 AM
You sure its not in junk folder

If you get no errors qt copier your job is done and its 100% ITs fault

Custom Search