PDA

View Full Version : Keycounter only clicks for copies not prints

Custom Search

basilnet
08-29-2017, 10:51 PM
Hello, we have a Bizhub C353 attached a counter device on the 4-pin connector. It enables the machine OK, copies show up accurately but prints do not. This is the utility log of what was given us to use:

- Admin settings 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (twice) then OK

#4 Account User Authentication

(account tracks)
#1 General Settings
User Auth. To OFF

Hit OK, Close all the way out.

Menu
Screen Counter (top left)
Service mode : Stop 0 0 Stop 01

Service mode password (if needed)
9272 9272 9272 9272 then “END”

In Service mode:
Press “Stop” then 9 it will take you to Billing Settings
(unset billing settings)
- Management Function Choice
- Authentication Device = 2

Counter Settings:
Total = mode 2
Counter mode:

Large size counter mode 11x17

(default is no count)
Large length counter paper mode = 1
Banner counting = 1

Color:
Backend billing: Management function Choice:
Select: Key card IF

Color mode = 3
Message # 2 “insert card”

Properly shut down copier and reboot.

Any idea what we are missing here?

Thanks!

Woxner
08-30-2017, 01:30 AM
the key counter is bypaased during print from computer. thats the way it is. you need a different type of reader that plugs into the pwb instead of the 4 pin . so authentication device 2 can be used

emujo2
08-30-2017, 02:00 PM
I'm confused, are you setting up the MFP for both an Authentication device, key counter and Account Track, or are you trying to say you are verifying User Authentication/Account Track is OFF and in Billing Settings you do not have a Authentication device set? Only the IF Key counter. I also believe that using the 4 pin connector, you can't separate color from B&W outputs. In many cases, the key counter box comes with client software for tracking print jobs. This may be easier than finding a MFP System board connector for a device that is over 10 years old. Emujo

basilnet
08-30-2017, 05:26 PM
We only use the keycounter device no Account Track.

emujo2, the 4-pin connector does separate color and B/W copies. Pulse count: 1=BW, 2=BW large, 3=color, 6=color large. But when it prints from the computer, no pulse is generated hence the device does not count. We updated the firmware. We hope we are missing a soft switch somewhere in the setup.

Is there anyway not to bypass the key counter during printing from the computer?

What must we do for us to get both copy and print counts? Can we use the keycounter signal for both? or we need something else?

Woxner, What is the pwb you suggest we use instead of (or in addition to) the 4 pin so authentication device 2 can be used? Where can we get this?

thanks!

Synthohol
08-30-2017, 10:17 PM
i believe physical plug in key counters are copy key counters only.
i have only seen HID cards (with "pay first" money on them) work on printing.

Woxner
08-30-2017, 10:55 PM
now that i think off it even if you had a different reader that goes to the control bd it would not read prints. there is no soft sw you can change. they are sol. one of the only things i know do this is like copytrack. but this is old and machine is not supported anymore or soon to be by manufacture.

emujo2
08-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Here's what I would do...

Turn on User Authentication, setup your login codes. Set Public User to ON W/O login. Edit the pubic user functions to allow copy and scan but restrict printing. Now copies are counted by key counter, and print jobs are tracked by user codes. You can set the driver to pop up the username password box each time a print job is sent, or you can save the credentials in the driver. The problem you have is the key counter device only tracks copies, most of them need a desktop client to track print jobs. Emujo

beehappy
09-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Hello basilnet and all. I am a newby, have no 5 posts and cannot to begin new thread. I have problem with conection Bizhub 223 and coin box Cartadis CM4000. May be I can conect to discuss in your thread with my problem? Sorry, may be I am not correct.

Custom Search