PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C-6501 warming up problem

Custom Search

gino
08-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Hi Guys,

I am experiencing a new problem with my C 6501.For the last two days warming up message is displayed for quite a long time
in between printing. This actually started when i used 130 gsm art paper after a long time. But after that this msg continues to be displayed
even after i used the normal papers that we used to print...Each time i have to open the front door and pull out the fusing unit and close it and
it might work for few copies. Any guess about the problem.

methogod
09-01-2017, 09:30 AM
how many clicks on the machine?

Do you have more then one fuser?

take fan off fuser make sure all lamps are working....
weak or failing lamps will make warmup take forever.

ysshin79
09-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Hi Guys,

I am experiencing a new problem with my C 6501.For the last two days warming up message is displayed for quite a long time
in between printing. This actually started when i used 130 gsm art paper after a long time. But after that this msg continues to be displayed
even after i used the normal papers that we used to print...Each time i have to open the front door and pull out the fusing unit and close it and
it might work for few copies. Any guess about the problem.

I had two cases.

The warming up was continued on the C6501.
It is under the fusing unit.
65AA 5365 1 - FIXING LIMITER

In the C7000, the PHOTO SENSOR was replaced at the bottom left of the fusing unit gear assembly.

08AA 8551 2 PHOTO SENSOR
A50U M555 00 PHOTO SENSOR

You can order any of the sensors above and replace them.

gino
09-05-2017, 06:40 AM
how many clicks on the machine?

Do you have more then one fuser?

take fan off fuser make sure all lamps are working....
weak or failing lamps will make warmup take forever.

Hi... sorry for the late reply...The total count is 1120434..We don't have an extra fusing unit to check..I am waiting for my senior tech.He also said the same solution.
Since i am not very confident of how to check whether the lamps are working, i am waiting for his arrival.. and it might take a couple of days i think. Some instructions on how to check it would be helpful .Thank you so much for reply:):):)

methogod
09-05-2017, 11:59 AM
you can visually watch the lamps and see if they are equally as bright... if one is week - its harder. I find that the lower lamp fails way more often as a fault - brakes, or burns out. Whereas the top lamp tends to hold up but gets weaker.

I have believe you can use a multimeter and ohm check the lamps. Not sure what is in the normal range, but it should be clear if one is way off....

1FRY1
09-15-2017, 09:00 PM
To be honest, If you can't check a lamp you need a new career

gino
09-18-2017, 01:04 PM
To be honest, If you can't check a lamp you need a new career

:):):) First of all i am not a tech sir....I have a Konica c 6501 at my office
Since availability of tech is hard in this part of the world...What i do is check forums like these, you tube
and ask my tech for solutions...The problem with the fusing lamp poped up for the very first time. That s why
i said i am not sure about how to check the lamp...Any way thanks all for your valuable opinions.

The problem was with the limiter under the fusing unit and it has been changed and the machine is doing fine as of for now:D:D:D.

Custom Search