PDA

View Full Version : C754e not fusing on thick 4

Custom Search

Brett GS
09-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Hi all
I have a C754e that when printing on thick 4 (300gsm) its not fusing on the edge(right hand side) on a few spots,the spacing of the effected areas it looks like the fuser unit but it is a brand new unit.
I have adjusted fuser temp and speed up snd down,made sure the IH is clean and tried paper/media from diffrent suppliers. The pc settings all look correct but still no luck.
Am i over looking something?

Brett

Phil B.
09-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi all
I have a C754e that when printing on thick 4 (300gsm) its not fusing on the edge(right hand side) on a few spots,the spacing of the effected areas it looks like the fuser unit but it is a brand new unit.
I have adjusted fuser temp and speed up snd down,made sure the IH is clean and tried paper/media from diffrent suppliers. The pc settings all look correct but still no luck.
Am i over looking something?

Brett

is there a "Nip Check" procedure for this fuser? I know on some Canon's I have had a similar issue.

Synthohol
09-01-2017, 09:59 PM
attached is the media guide for a lot of MFPs that list certified paper that works 100% in the machine.
all other paper types and brands must be sent a ream or so of paper to Konica in order for them to officially test and certify the paper.
not all paper is certified to run on these boxes. if their paper is in the guide then Konica must warranty it.

just for reference as i have provided certified paper to customers to show their paper just does not cut the mustard at times.

EarthKmTech
09-02-2017, 12:11 AM
There is 1 setting on c654e/c754e machines we are constantly having to change for anyone doing thick paper on long runs. If I remember correctly its thick paper interval settings and the options are quality or productivity in service mode.

Default setting is productivity, ie, machine doesnt give a shit about fusing properly and will just maintain output speed, quality actually makes it fuse properly and pause as required to maintain temperature.

Productivity mode will cause fusing issues on runs of card stock every single time. I dont know why they even added this useless feature, it should be switched to quality at run up.

Brett GS
09-02-2017, 07:42 PM
There is 1 setting on c654e/c754e machines we are constantly having to change for anyone doing thick paper on long runs. If I remember correctly its thick paper interval settings and the options are quality or productivity in service mode.

Default setting is productivity, ie, machine doesnt give a shit about fusing properly and will just maintain output speed, quality actually makes it fuse properly and pause as required to maintain temperature.

Productivity mode will cause fusing issues on runs of card stock every single time. I dont know why they even added this useless feature, it should be switched to quality at run up.

Thank you gents.
@Earthkm Tech,i have just checked the service manual and found what you highlighted only thing is i cant seem to make out as too where i change the setting,could you please give me a tip as to where i must go once in service mode. Im sure your advice will sort the issue out.
Just my luck this machine is in a print shop and the customer never had this problem on his old machine a C452.
Thanks
Brett

Synthohol
09-02-2017, 10:04 PM
11.3.14 Thick Paper Interval Setting
(1) Use
• For thick paper, the paper interval can be changed.
• To resolve image failure (black streaks) in the main scan direction due to the vibrations created when the trailing edge of the preceding
paper is passing by the registration roller.
• To reduce the effect of vibrations on image quality by widening paper interval.

Image Quality
Operates with the paper interval longer than normal.

Productivity
Operates with the paper interval closer to the normal.

(2) Default setting
• Productivity
(3) Setting item
• Image Quality
• “Productivity”
11.3.15 PPM Control Choice
(1) Use
• To improve productivity when printing on thin paper.
• To give a higher priority to productivity than to fusing performance, change the setting to “100 %.”
bizhub C754/C654 I ADJUSTMENT/SETTING > 11. SERVICE MODE
I-227
(2) Default setting
• 70 %
(3) Setting item
• 100 %
• “70 %

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/37518d1504386280-c754e-not-fusing-thick-4-a-thick-jpg

Brett GS
09-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Thank you gents
Problem solved thanks too you guys.

Custom Search