PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 3320 FW Update Tool?

Custom Search

srvctec
09-01-2017, 07:53 PM
I've spent over an hour searching on MyKonicaMinolta.com with no luck whatsoever. I know these are rebranded Lexmark pieces of junk (my opinion of them) but I sure can't find any way to update the FW without the tool they refer to in the manual (can't use a USB stick on these since they don't have the port like the 4020 does). The manual calls it USBFlash.exe and it's used via a PC/Laptop connected through a USB cable (same way we used to update 1610's years ago using a different .exe program). I can't find this file anywhere and the book just says:

"5.8.3 Procedures for updating the firmware via USB connection
The following procedure explains the firmware update when the printer is connected to PC by using
USB cable.
NOTE: Before updating the firmware, install the printer drivers on the PC used for the firmware
update.
1. Store the firmware file (xxxx.fls) and an update tool (USBFlash.exe) which are
compatible with the product in an arbitrary directory of the PC.
2. Connect the PC with the printer using a USB cable.
3. Double-click the USBFlash.exe to start the update tool.
4. Click the [Browse Files] to open the firmware file stored directory.
5. Select the required firmware file and then click [Open].
6. Confirm that the correct firmware file is listed under [ENTER FILENAME TO FLASH TO
PRINTER].
7. Confirm that the correct printer model is listed under [SELECT PRINTER FROM LIST].
If not, click on the drop-down arrow to locate and select the correct model.
8. Click [START]. "

I guess the only way to update without that file is through the web connection. Just curious if anyone has a clue where to find the USBFlash.exe so I have more than one way to do a FW update. I always like to have a backup plan.

Woxner
09-01-2017, 09:05 PM
the tool is in the firmware file. you run the program and it looks for the machine either ip or usb. just like c35.lexmark does it this way too. just run from the pc

srvctec
09-01-2017, 09:32 PM
the tool is in the firmware file. you run the program and it looks for the machine either ip or usb. just like c35.lexmark does it this way too. just run from the pc

The only thing in the FW file is a file named " LW63.SB.P640.spw24gr.FDN.PIR.E641.pirXXgre.fls " which is the latest FW for this model. No other file is in the FW folder.

Synthohol
09-01-2017, 10:16 PM
hehe, knowing KM i know some utilities are only in first version firmware.
the oldest engine firmware has the usbflash in it.
ill save ya some time....:)
maybe consider donating to CTN and get that proud contributor badge? ;)

srvctec
09-01-2017, 10:38 PM
hehe, knowing KM i know some utilities are only in first version firmware.
the oldest engine firmware has the usbflash in it.
ill save ya some time....:)
maybe consider donating to CTN and get that proud contributor badge? ;)

Ha Ha! I had completely forgot about that being the only place they put that file (I'm almost 30 years doing this, legacy Minolta). I just downloaded the original FW and low and behold, there is the dang file. Thank you for refreshing my aging memory!

bogdankurt
03-23-2018, 02:42 PM
Hi,
Can you please help me find the latest firmware for KONICA MINOLTA bizhub 3320.
Thank you in advance.
B

Synthohol
07-01-2019, 08:48 PM
I found it on konica one stop shop page ;)
contribute $omething to this site ant ill send you a link to my server.

Custom Search