PDA

View Full Version : C454e/DF701

Custom Search

Phrag
09-04-2017, 01:17 AM
Hey guys,

So I've got a doozy. I have a C454e equipped with a DF701 Dual Scan doc feeder which is displaying some odd symptoms.

During single sided copying and previewing, I get a very slight fraction of a pause as each page reached what I guess is the registration rollers. That's not a huge problem as it's barely noticeable. However, during duplexing, after the first page the machine pauses for maybe 2 seconds each page. What I can see is that the scanner lamp shifts from the slot glass to somewhere under the shading correction plate, lights up briefly then moves back to the slot glass to continue and repeat the process.

The firmware is updated with GD7-M1 from the KM workshop site. I've tried 1 other DF701 as well.

I'm going to give the shading correction plate things underneath the glass a clean shortly, and possibly try a firmware downgrade after I do that.

Apart from those things, I'm not sure what else to try.

Has anyone else had this issue before?

blackcat4866
09-04-2017, 01:26 AM
Perhaps you've got an exposure lamp problem, and the machine is continually trying to adjust the light intensity of the lamp? Are there any codes recorded on the management list? =^..^=

Phrag
09-04-2017, 01:47 AM
Perhaps you've got an exposure lamp problem, and the machine is continually trying to adjust the light intensity of the lamp? Are there any codes recorded on the management list? =^..^=

Unfortunately not. It's squeaky clean except for an unrelated code for the finisher.

Phrag
09-04-2017, 01:52 AM
SOLVED:

FYI, make sure mixed Original/Same Width is not set as a default option.

blackcat4866
09-04-2017, 03:10 PM
SOLVED:

FYI, make sure mixed Original/Same Width is not set as a default option.

Thanks for posting back. =^..^=

Custom Search