PDA

View Full Version : Work Shoes

Custom Search

Hoosierdaddy
09-07-2017, 09:27 PM
The older I get the more my feet hurt, does anyone have a recommendation on work shoes for tech's

Thx Hoosierdaddy

ZOOTECH
09-07-2017, 10:00 PM
The older I get the more my feet hurt, does anyone have a recommendation on work shoes for tech's

Thx Hoosierdaddy
Dr. Scholls (sp?) worked well, and lasted longer than others.

blackcat4866
09-08-2017, 12:22 AM
I like Duluth Trading Company's Wild Boar Hiking Shoes. After breaking my ankle 3 years ago there aren't many shoes I can wear for any length of time. They're not as formal as I'd like, but I can wear them 13 hours, and now come in brown, dark brown and black. =^..^=

Phil B.
09-08-2017, 12:58 AM
agree with Zootech and Blackcat.. i also wear inserts in mine... red wing makes good ones IF you need steel toed ones.

Oze
09-08-2017, 06:50 AM
I WAS wearing steel toe boots with Gel inserts and they were fine for 18 months.
I recently developed a heel spur in my right foot and NOW I wear a pair of black UnderArmour boots and they are amazing.
Not as dressy as one would like but not that casual either.
Now i only have to drag the boots out for PPE visits.

kingarthur
09-08-2017, 10:16 AM
I used to wear doc marten shoes, but now I wear CAT Falmouth shoes, they last me for ages & are really comfy the moment you put them on from new, if I wear "ordinary" shoes, i'll get through a pair a week, as I walk to all my jobs

Phil Walling
09-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Magnum Patrol boots, love em, most comfy boots i've ever had

FrohnB
09-11-2017, 09:31 PM
In the past couple years I've started wearing Nunn Bush shoes (Current brand = Beale Street). A lot "dressier" than most, but unlike some places, we don't have a "typical" technician attire (we're a Slacks and a collared shirt Svc. Dept.). The Nunn Bush Shoes are Extremely light weight, with gel pads built into the soul of the shoe. Surprisingly they've held up to the constant abuse of being bent in half, scoffed, endless walking, etc. Like I said, kind of dressy, but durable. I also carry a pair of slip-on steel toe shoes for the industrious areas.

Durrandort
02-04-2022, 10:53 AM
For work shoes, you can take any pair of sneakers convenient for you. The main thing is that they are durable, and you feel comfortable working in them. I tend to think that if you choose some shoes for work, then your feet won't get tired in it. Therefore, I do not wear heavy shoes or shoes that fit me or squeeze in the sock. Usually, these are some sneakers in which the foot fits very comfortably. Now I'm wearing yeezy (https://www.forstepstyle.com/collections/yeezy/boost-350/) sneakers, and I feel comfortable. Before that, I wore specially protected boots that were dense and heavy. But I didn't feel comfortable in them, and my legs were tired...

slimslob
02-05-2022, 02:32 AM
For work shoes, you can take any pair of sneakers convenient for you. The main thing is that they are durable, and you feel comfortable working in them. I tend to think that if you choose some shoes for work, then your feet won't get tired in it. Therefore, I do not wear heavy shoes or shoes that fit me or squeeze in the sock. Usually, these are some sneakers in which the foot fits very comfortably. Now I'm wearing yeezy (https://www.forstepstyle.com/collections/yeezy/boost-350/) sneakers, and I feel comfortable. Before that, I wore specially protected boots that were dense and heavy. But I didn't feel comfortable in them, and my legs were tired...

You will wish you were still wearing those heavy "protected" boots the first time have a large piece of equipment land on your foot and break a few bones. You will regret those sneakers the first time you have to slog your way across a three inch deep mud on a dirty parking lot out in the oil fields. You will really regret it that mud sucks one of those sneakers off of your foot.

Warnock
02-05-2022, 03:07 AM
If your feet are hurting that bad, you have nephropathy, get some tumeric from any health store, or start using it in your cooking because it is an herb. It will desensitize our old feet. Cinnamon too. Root cause my techies.

mloudy
02-05-2022, 03:52 PM
I have crushed my right big toe twice while at work, not in the field. Once a pallet jack with a skid of paper ramped up my toe as I was pulling it up a ramp and the other I dropped an 140lb MFP on it while trying to flip it on its back by myself. The corner of the MFP landed directly on my big toe. The first sent me to the ER to melt holes through my toenail to relieve the pressure. Shattered the bones too. The second just turn my toenail black. I still have rolling sharp pains in that toe from time to time.

Now I have two pairs of steel toe shoes with gel inserts. Skechers Hartan slip on steel toe work shoes and a pair of lace up PDPQ.

Synthohol
02-09-2022, 10:30 PM
for comfort and protection!!
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/copier-technical-discussion/52001d1644445820-work-shoes-stc-jpg

Dreama
03-10-2022, 12:21 PM
im noticing more and more techs wearing black sneakers instead of dress shoes.
i've been trying to do more walking so definitely notice the days that i wear dress shoes instead of more comfy shoes

vincent64
03-10-2022, 12:54 PM
Back when I was working at this, and now that I am back, I like the sneaker/tennis shoe, for comfort, big guy here/over weight, so I like a shoe like that, I do have some steel toes, from when I used to have to into plants and such, so far, on new job, dont think we have any, or very few, but I still like the tennis shoe for comfort and having to walk, lots of schools, long walks from front to work rooms, the 2 years I was out of the business, thanks to COVID, did a stint as a sub-custodial worker in a local school district, let me tell you, that is hell on your feet, 6 or 7 hours of non-stop moving, hard tile floors, concrete floors, wow, them people are not paid nearly enough.

I have not found a shoe that will hold up to the constant wear I give it Mon-Fri, so I plan on getting new pair about every 6 months or so

sirfnahi
06-21-2022, 03:10 PM
I like Duluth Trading Company's Wild Boar Hiking Shoes. After breaking my ankle 3 years ago there aren't many shoes I can wear for any length of time.

allan
06-21-2022, 05:12 PM
Hush Puppies works great lasts ok.

BillyCarpenter
06-21-2022, 05:50 PM
I don't know what your employer allows you to wear to work but in terms of pure comfort - Brooks running shoes. I got turned on to these many years ago. It's what a Marathoner would wear during a race. They're light and super comfy. Not cheap, though.

Asics are a close 2nd.

As far as dress shoes, Salvatore Ferragomo. It's an Italian made shoe. I got a pair as a gift. I would never pay that much for a pair of shoes.

slimslob
12-14-2022, 06:54 PM
A great option, I can recommend from me and suggest to see a review of the Nike SB Nyjah (https://skate-review.com/an-honest-review-of-nike-sb-nyjah-free-or-why-i-wont-buy-these-sneakers/). This is a great and classic version of sneakers, suitable for skaters. I think you will be interested to read this review and study the information in detail. Have a great day. Good luck!!!

Might be an option for weekend wear but very few dealers are going to allow their techs to wear them when repairing equipment at a customer's office which what most copier techs do. And certainly are not PPE compliant.

KeviM
12-14-2022, 07:05 PM
I always dress semi formal and my shoes match that. It helps with customer relations. The shoes are safety shoes. Very comfortable, oil resistant, chemical resistant, static resistant, full genuine leather. Really really comfortable.

slimslob
12-14-2022, 08:10 PM
I always dress semi formal and my shoes match that. It helps with customer relations. The shoes are safety shoes. Very comfortable, oil resistant, chemical resistant, static resistant, full genuine leather. Really really comfortable.

Before I retired my choice was Dr. Martins dress shoes. Steel arch support helped greatly with my plantar fasciitis. I also carried a pair of their steel toed shoes for when I had to go to a job site where PPE was required.

KeviM
12-15-2022, 06:25 PM
Before I retired my choice was Dr. Martins dress shoes. Steel arch support helped greatly with my plantar fasciitis. I also carried a pair of their steel toed shoes for when I had to go to a job site where PPE was required.

Yep. That's an excellent choice. Very comfortable.

Custom Search