PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM Bizhub Pro c6501 and ColorCal

Custom Search

soportevzla76
09-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Hi !!!. I have a costumer with one Bizhub Pro C6501 and Fiery IC-408 and when i try to calibrate with the ColorCal, it says that the Colorcal patch not detected. Does anyone know how solve this in order to avoid buying a Spectrophotometer?. Thanks
:confused:

Woxner
09-09-2017, 08:04 PM
you need it to calibrate the fiery

Synthohol
09-09-2017, 08:35 PM
color cal is a wet bandaid on a broken arm.
an ES-X000 is what is required.

soportevzla76
09-09-2017, 11:27 PM
you need it to calibrate the fiery

Ok,i know that a spectrophotometer is the best choice, but i only have the ColorCal right now, and, i´ve been calibrate machines years ago with the Tiffen and goes alright, not that accurate but the calibration succeded in that cases.

Mick01
09-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Hi,
To properly calibrate you need both the grey scale and the color charts. These come with the Fiery (but most of the time are thrown away).
If you don't have these it is impossible but if you do then it is pretty straight forward.
I will be completely honest though, if it is a choice of running default calibration or calibration using Colorcal then it would be default calibration all the time.

soportevzla76
09-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Hi,
To properly calibrate you need both the grey scale and the color charts. These come with the Fiery (but most of the time are thrown away).
If you don't have these it is impossible but if you do then it is pretty straight forward.
I will be completely honest though, if it is a choice of running default calibration or calibration using Colorcal then it would be default calibration all the time.

I have the grey scale and color charts, but the machine does not recognize those charts.:confused:

Synthohol
09-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Even though color cal is the worst possible calibration you need the Kodak greyscale strip.
Not another brand.
Better to calibrate the engine properly and use fiery default calibration and adjust the color curves MANUALLY with CWS
1. Run ColorWise Pro Tools® and login to the Fiery®; then click Calibrator.
2. Select the following:
a. Measurement Method = ColorCal™
b. Print Settings => Calibration Set => Media = Normal
3. Print Measurement Page. Place on the MFP glass with grayscale strip (Kodak® Gray Scale - p/n 10012662).
4. Click "Measure".
5. Select "Yes" for Scanner Calibration and follow the instructions.
6. After successful scanner calibration, click "Measure" and follow the instructions to completion.
7. After successful measurement process, print comparison page.
8. Click "Apply".
9. Click Done to close Calibration.

Mick01
09-21-2017, 11:24 PM
I seem to recall when trying colorcal if it fails to recognize the charts then you need to reposition them slightly on the glass.
Might be worthwhile (if you haven't already) to clean the optics.
I am by no means an expert on colorcal. I never use it as I know the results you will get will be sub par compared to calibration with a spectro.

Synthohol
09-21-2017, 11:57 PM
colorcal measures density to calibrate the machine. a densitometer measures the actual color, so you will get accurate results with a densitometer.
you can do better by eye doing the engine calibrations.

Custom Search