PDA

View Full Version : TA221 J11

Custom Search

blackdog
09-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Hey you Kyocera Aces,
Got a TA221 giving a J11 Jam code from cassette 1.
I installed new feed/sep rollers, clutch is working fine.
Swapped out cassettes and still N/G.
What bugs me is sep roller is turning but no feed?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

blackcat4866
09-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Is the separation roller flopping around because, maybe, the plastic post that it swivels on is busted off? =^..^=

blackdog
09-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Is the separation roller flopping around because, maybe, the plastic post that it swivels on is busted off? =^..^=

Hey thanks Blackcat for your reply. Hope all is well on your end.
I replaced sep and feed rollers this morning and all corresponding parts looked to be intact.
If I could take a stab it I would say Feeder roller is not coming in contact with paper?
I would assume the clutch is turning the shaft and all rollers than paper should feed?
Is feeder roller stationary or does it drop down to meet paper at some time?
I don't see any signs of feeder roller coming in contact and moving paper at all.

blackcat4866
09-12-2017, 12:17 AM
Is feeder roller stationary or does it drop down to meet paper at some time?
I don't see any signs of feeder roller coming in contact and moving paper at all.

The pickup roller is spring loaded, but it's the spring loaded lift plate that lifts the paper up to the the roller. It's generally a pretty crappy feed system. IIRC the spring clutches will wrap if a paper jam isn't removed correctly. If you remove the rear cover, you can make a Sharpie mark on the end of the feed shaft, then watch to see if it rotates. My bet is that it isn't, and you need a clutch. =^..^=

Custom Search