PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C220 is making strange noise + Video

Custom Search

christmu
09-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Hey,

I bought a used Bizhub C220 recently. The copier has only done 120000 copies yet. All the consumables are relatively new and I thought it would be a great deal :-)
Unfortunately this machine is making a strange noise. For me it sounds like rattling wheels inside the machine.

I recorded a video of this noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo6iQWJ_-1Y

The noise occurs in different situations:

1.) At startup it takes relatively long

2.) During printing

3.) now and then if the copier is turned on, but not used. (the noise takes a relatively short amount of time, but I guess the copier is adjusting something)

4.) If someone opens the front-cover or the door on the right

I tried to localize the sound and I think it is coming from the area of the fusing unit. The fusing unit is relatively new, the service menu showes a total of 57000 Pages for this unit. Therefore I don´t want to change that unit without being sure this is the problem.

Have you had this problem before?
Can you give some advice what could solve or help to localize the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Christian

EarthKmTech
09-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Know that noise anywhere.

transfer belt cleaning section is blocked.

clean it out and unblock the chute to the waste toner bottle.

15 minute job.

problem solved.

christmu
09-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Wow!
first answer and totally right, took me around 10-15 minutes and the problem seems to be solved.

Thanks a lot,

Christian

EarthKmTech
09-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Wow!
first answer and totally right, took me around 10-15 minutes and the problem seems to be solved.

Thanks a lot,

Christian

Once you've done it a thousand times like I have you know the problem before the customer even finishes saying hello.

zoraldinho
09-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Video save you a lot of time.

mjunkaged
04-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Will replacing the belt fix it as well?? Or is it down inside the machine where it's clogged?

copyman
04-02-2018, 11:17 PM
Belt is usually fine and only needs to be vacuumed out. There was a bulletin on this about cutting the plastic inside the chute or something like that.

The right way to clean it is taking trans belt out, removing the cleaning unit (2 screws) and vacuuming out. Or if you want to cheat you can just vac where it goes into waste box. Doing it the right only takes 10 mins more.

copier tech
04-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Belt is usually fine and only needs to be vacuumed out. There was a bulletin on this about cutting the plastic inside the chute or something like that.

The right way to clean it is taking trans belt out, removing the cleaning unit (2 screws) and vacuuming out. Or if you want to cheat you can just vac where it goes into waste box. Doing it the right only takes 10 mins more.

Same issue but different story with the C353 series!

EarthKmTech
04-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Will replacing the belt fix it as well?? Or is it down inside the machine where it's clogged?

Theres a short pipe in the front of the machine from the waste output of the belt to the top left of the waste box.

if this is not cleaned out your new belt will get backed up too.

I've only ever seen the belt back up without the pipe also being blocked when its long hair thats gone into the waste section of the belt.

In hot climates like where I live its always the front pipe that gets blocked first and then the belt waste has no where to go.

This issue is still present in 4, e & 8 series no where near as common though. If you're never seeing it, you're living in a cold or mild climate ;)

SAR
04-03-2018, 06:01 PM
They came out with a new style seal on the waste toner pipe that is supposed to help prevent the clogging. you could try replacing it if you continue to have issues. Waste Toner Pipe (p/n A0EDF36001).

rrrohan
04-04-2018, 03:28 AM
Clean the filter on front cover. Poor ventilation is the main cause for toner blockages. Most techs are to lazy to do this ;)

peterxu256
04-05-2018, 04:09 AM
Clean the filter on front cover. Poor ventilation is the main cause for toner blockages. Most techs are to lazy to do this ;)
A very good suggestion to all users and techs. most of commercial printers(floor model) from small business are located at tiny space, needless to say ventilation, users are sitting beside often( no sensitive to ozone gas, ignore to listen to a kind suggestion from a good tech. Virtually no user/customers to follow the user manual instruction.
Back to the above case, if keep running with such kind noise, eventually the Belt will break into a piece. poor image quality come out, then looking for repairing...

tech51
04-05-2018, 04:26 PM

And while you're at it, take off the back covers and clean off the fuser fan filter and the filter for the cooling fan under the board box.

These always get overlooked....

bearthor
04-24-2018, 11:03 AM

15 minute job.

problem solved.

Is there a video or picture guide where this is done?
I emptied the "trash" under the "powder cartridges". Not sure what else to do or how.

Gael
10-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem than christmu (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/christmu.html).
EarthKmTech (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/earthkmtech.html) can you explain to me how to clean the transfer belt cleaning section?
Im French and I am sorry for the quality of my english.
Thank you very much
Gaël

christmu
10-16-2019, 07:05 PM
Hi,
its been a long time ago that I cleaned that transfer belt, but i don't remember that ist has been hard.

YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQZ3q-pGTtA)
This video (not mine) shows you how to remove the transfer belt, afterwards you will see where the powder stucks. Just clean it without harming the belt.
You will also see a small channel where the powder ist thought to move into the waste toner box. You should also clean this one. When finished just replace the transfer belt and the noise will be gone.

Greetings.

By the way I have another Issue with my C220. I do often have problems with paper jamming. It usually jams 3 piece of paper in different positions. Is this a common problem? Is there a single cause for paper jamming like that?

tsbservice
10-16-2019, 07:32 PM
christmu, post separate thread and paper jam code.
Mixing different questions in one thread is annoying as it obscures finding proper solutions for future readers!

TLUK
10-16-2019, 08:14 PM
You will need to clean the down pipe that feeds from cleaning unit into waste box that usually gets clogged up which then causes the cleaning unit to block.

tsbservice
10-16-2019, 08:56 PM
You will need to clean the down pipe that feeds from cleaning unit into waste box that usually gets clogged up which then causes the cleaning unit to block.

Good info but that was already mentioned :confused:

Gael
10-17-2019, 08:36 AM
Thank you very much, i try to do this and i make a feedback

Gael
10-17-2019, 10:06 AM
Thanks again !
I cleaned the transfer belt as explained by christmu and now no noise and no need to buy a new photocopier.

Mister C
08-13-2021, 01:26 PM

15 minute job.

problem solved.

For what's it worth, I just had the same issue on a Bizhub C3320i which has under 10k pages. In my case there were chunks of hardened toner in the shutter which prevented it to open correctly. The yellow imaging unit under the shutter was full of spilled waste toner.
In my case it made noise only when printing something. During startup and "idle" operation the machine was silent.

Custom Search