PDA

View Full Version : C3350 4801 error

Custom Search

oldtech
09-13-2017, 08:01 PM
So this is the second time this box has failed like this, 4801. First time about 12 months ago I replace the MFP board first and still got the error then replace the PRCB and after all the button pushing to get engine date etc copied back and forth it worked. Except it would not let MFP update. No combination of different USB drives (that worked fine on other machines) or different versions would work. It worked in the customers environment so we let it go. The engine firm worked fine......
Now the 4801 is back. Replaced PRCB today and got the same 4801 code again. Went ahead and ordered MFP card. Can't wait to see how thats going to work. In effect changing both boards? Will I have a brick? I've read all the instructions and the TB on changing MFP board again. Called KM the last time and they said go for it as long as I follow the instructions but no answer on what might happen if you're not lucky enough to replace the bad board on the first try.
Does anyone know if I can remove the new PRCB swap the IC back to the old one and then install the new MFP card following the instructions?
I so hate this machine and most of the other "hybrid" boxes.

Custom Search