PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 363 - C3823 and Stapler Non Functional

Custom Search

Eresources
09-18-2017, 02:57 AM
We've been working on a machine for a while now that is consistently throwing the service code each day. When it happens, the machine will throw a message about the internal finisher stapler not functioning correctly, it will disable it and then throw the C3823 service code. It does happen in the mornings mostly but does also happen during the rest of the day as well. The code points to the fuser not maintaining temp after warmup.

Here's what we've tried so far:

1. Replaced the fuser, no change.
2. Replaced DC power supply, no change
3. Replaced printer control board, no change.
4. The whole internal finisher, no change.
5. Firmware to the latest, no change.
6. Had power tested at the socket, looks okay.
7. Left the stapler disabled, still throws C3823 service code.

We've taken out the finisher today to see if the errors still occur, but I have a bad feeling the errors will go away without the finisher installed. :)

So I'm thinking, wiring fault somewhere in a loom, but anyone got any other ideas what else we could look at while were sitting there looking through thousands of wires?

Synthohol
09-18-2017, 04:22 AM
follow the wires from the PRCB.
see attached.
good luck!

blackcat4866
09-18-2017, 01:28 PM
I would leave the power quality analyzer on the circuit for 48 hours. I think you be able to match up a spike or sag in the power to the exact moment you get your error.

Lets see if I can attach a photo through my phone:

Sorry it didn't attach. I think the file size is too large. =^..^=

Don N.
09-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Any resolution? I wouldn't rule out bad lamps in both fusers. We've had rashes of these fusers where they will heat up most of the time ok. Lamps have continuity, but I suspect they have leaked out some of the gasses and don't get hot enough fast enough. Can usually cover the issue when reprinting or cold offset is visible by going to service mode, machine, fuser temp and increase plain paper temp by +5 degrees. Or I could be completely wrong!
Regardless, I would love to find a source for these fuser lamps!

Eresources
09-25-2017, 11:36 PM
Well as I expected, no errors since the finisher has been removed. Doh!!!!!!!

Maybe we've got a wiring fault under the hood where the finisher sits. Some pressure when the finisher is in makes a bad connection somewhere. Will need to pull this one out of the field for "further testing" aka kick the crap out of it.

Custom Search