PDA

View Full Version : RX Forward to an Out of Office Mailbox

Custom Search

kbarizo
09-19-2017, 04:42 PM
Hey all,

I have a customer who is having faxes received, forwarded to 2 email destinations. Their faxes received are set to 'print on error'.

Yesterday, one of the email recipients set up an 'Out of Office' message for the day. Afterwards, faxes received were being printed. Although it was set up to be forwarded to two destinations, the email was never sent to to the other user. I touched base with the 'Out of Office' user today, and she mentioned that after she turned her automatic replies off, she was receiving faxes via email once again.

So my questions are:

Based on my basic understanding of how email works, I don't see how this makes sense. Does this make sense to any of you? Why would an automatic reply stop the copier from forwarding a fax via email?
If for some reason automatic replies DO cause this issue, is there anyway around it? The user needs to go on vacation again and doesn't want to have to remove herself as a forwarding destination, and then add herself again every time she has to set up an out of office message.

Apparently, their IT told the user that it was definitely because of her out of office message. I'm more inclined to believe that they may have just simply been having email issues on their end.

Machine I'm working with is a BH 654e. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Synthohol
09-19-2017, 10:41 PM
what happens if you make the other destination the primary? (if thats possible)

Woxner
09-20-2017, 02:07 AM
thats because the out of office sends it back to the machine like it was denied or was blocked intil they turn out of office off.

Don N.
09-25-2017, 10:51 PM
What if you create a third account, like "BH654efaxes@gmail.com" fwd address, and only fwd to it. Then go to that gmail and hard fwd all incoming to both recipients? Would that work?

Custom Search