PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C253 grey faded "smudges" on duplex printing

Custom Search

xdelios
09-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Hello,

I have a C253 with 150K counter. Old machine yes but not used very much.

So I have a problem that I have noticed on Duplex printing mostly. It happens on single side too but very very often.

I get a "smudge" (dont know how to call it in English) of other letters from other pages printed. They are faded of course.
I understand that this is probably a transfer belt issue so I changed to a new OEM transfer belt, no compatibles used.

Problem still exists.

Should I clean something so this would be fixed? Or should I change something else as well with the new transfer belt ?

Regards

habik
09-21-2017, 10:01 PM
How old are the IU's ?

I'd clean the fuser to start and see if there is any slight improvment. If there is than replace fuser, if there isn't change the IU K for start.

copyman
09-22-2017, 01:47 AM
agree black image unit

xdelios
09-22-2017, 07:22 AM
I forgot to mention that black IU is new actually. Should I go with cleaning the Fuser?

Also I need to mention that this was a problem before I change the IU, changed it and then problem came back after a while.

One more thing, another tech here told me to try and clean the drums heads (if I recall) with the cleaning "stick" that is included in the front panel, problem is this is lost and can find it nowhere in Europe.

Regards

copier addict
09-25-2017, 08:58 PM
I forgot to mention that black IU is new actually. Should I go with cleaning the Fuser?

Also I need to mention that this was a problem before I change the IU, changed it and then problem came back after a while.

One more thing, another tech here told me to try and clean the drums heads (if I recall) with the cleaning "stick" that is included in the front panel, problem is this is lost and can find it nowhere in Europe.

Regards

When you replaced the transfer belt did you also put in a new transfer roller? I have seen these cause ghosting when they get old.
Also, try cleaning the grid. If the smudges go away throw away the aftermarket toner.

Don N.
09-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Quick way to clean up the fuser is set the bypass tray to "thick 4" paper type setting and run 5 to 10 plain paper through it. If you get toner coming off, then the fuser is not no-stick any more. Don't forget to set the bypass back to plain paper when done.

copyman
09-26-2017, 12:00 AM
Nice tip from Don. Looking at your pic again I don't think it is fuser. I would look at black IU again whether it is fairly new or not. I've had brand new IU's bad right out of box! Never know where these things have been stored with heat, etc

Don N.
09-26-2017, 01:32 AM
Nice tip from Don. Looking at your pic again I don't think it is fuser. I would look at black IU again whether it is fairly new or not. I've had brand new IU's bad right out of box! Never know where these things have been stored with heat, etc
My thoughts too but very tough to tell from the pics. He said problem existed before & after the K I. U., so I'm eager to hear the result. I like copier addict's t. roller idea.

Custom Search