PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C360 won't print large files

Custom Search

CCC Repair
09-26-2017, 05:40 PM
I have a customer who has a Bizhub C360 that when they try to print a multiple page job, it ends up, after a few minutes, of timing out. They can print single page documents without a problem.

At first, I thought it was within the MAC they were using because the Windows laptops printed fine. But now, both are not working. It is possible it could be a firmware issue but wanted to see if there was something else first. I do not have access to Konica Minolta firmware. Any ideas?

Phil B.
09-26-2017, 09:34 PM
I have a customer who has a Bizhub C360 that when they try to print a multiple page job, it ends up, after a few minutes, of timing out. They can print single page documents without a problem.

At first, I thought it was within the MAC they were using because the Windows laptops printed fine. But now, both are not working. It is possible it could be a firmware issue but wanted to see if there was something else first. I do not have access to Konica Minolta firmware. Any ideas?

does it kick an error message?

how much memory does it have?

What kinda of large files.. word .. pdf..graphics embedded ?

habik
09-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Try new network lead or / and switch in between MFD and network socket and hook your laptop to it and try print that way the same file they have issue with.

guitar9199
09-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but are their computer connecting via Wi-fi? Is the COPIER connected via Wi-fi? Sometimes wireless connections "drop out" for no apparent reason.

Make sure on the Windows PC's, you have the "Spool Documents" setting for "Start Printing Immediately" on the Advanced tab of Printer Properties. (Can't remember where that setting is on Mac's at the moment...maybe in CUPS?)

copier tech
09-27-2017, 08:58 PM
First I would do as suggested & print the problem document from your laptop connected directly to the mfp if that also fails I would update the FW & also update the driver.

AjitN
09-28-2017, 03:11 AM
Try replacing RAM and also check if Hard disk is installed and in good working condition.
You may also try to format HDD so if any bad sectors can be eliminated.
Hope this helps

D_L_P
09-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Try replacing RAM and also check if Hard disk is installed and in good working condition.
You may also try to format HDD so if any bad sectors can be eliminated.
Hope this helps

I'll second that about a HDD. A bad HDD can cause slow print jobs. To test a bad network cable open a command prompt and type:

Ping -t -l 1024 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where the x's are the ip address of the c360. Let it run for 2 or 3 minutes ( ctrl + c to stop). Any request timed out, destination host unreachable, or high latency is bad, the issue is on their end. If the ping test is good updating firmware or new HDD is all you can do for them.

One more thing, if they print from a print server that can cause your issue. More often than a HDD a poorly maintained print server is the cause. Print via local printer, not through a shared printer to isolate it further.
Gl

Custom Search