PDA

View Full Version : Remote session software?

Custom Search

copyman
09-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Is there a software other than Logmein "Rescue" to use for remote sessions. LMI "Rescue" is way too expensive! Might only use it once a month for my IT guy to log into my customer's computer. I usually have the printing working and he remotes in at a later time to setup scanning. Figured I would ask here before wasting time browsing the internet.

Thanks in advance

gneebore
09-27-2017, 06:19 AM
Is there a software other than Logmein "Rescue" to use for remote sessions. LMI "Rescue" is way too expensive! Might only use it once a month for my IT guy to log into my customer's computer. I usually have the printing working and he remotes in at a later time to setup scanning. Figured I would ask here before wasting time browsing the internet.

Thanks in advance

We used Teamviewer when a customer needed help setting up networked mfps. There a a whole bunch or ways to use it. I do know there is a single use install prevents unauthorized access after the remote session is ended.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

ricmartinho
09-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Try anydesk. It's free and works pretty much like Teamviewer.

Blizzoo
09-27-2017, 10:39 PM
I have used GoToAssist at fastsupport.com, very easy to use.

copyman
09-27-2017, 10:57 PM
Thanks again everyone. Good stuff.

SalesServiceGuy
09-28-2017, 10:39 PM
We used Teamviewer when a customer needed help setting up networked mfps. There a a whole bunch or ways to use it. I do know there is a single use install prevents unauthorized access after the remote session is ended.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

I often use Teamviewer but a single user license if rather expensive. TeamViewer is free for approx the first 800 minutes but they are secretly tracking your usage in the background and eventually lock your account unless you pay.

I find that TeamViewer is well known to the public, it is fairly easy to get someone over the phone to install the software and I rarely get push back about security issues.

Custom Search