PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C364 stuck with blinking light

Custom Search

gavrielx
09-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Hi ,
I have a problem with BizHub C364 that gets a job from one of the computers , that stuck the machine with a Blue Blinking Light (Reciving Data).
The problem is :
1. there are fifty computers there and you can't know who sent the job to delete it from the spooler.
2. The driver is installed locally on each computer.

When i change the mechine IP it start to work again.

I'd be happy to receive any suggestions for resolving the issue

tanks,

lilleputte
09-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Speak with the it department on the company

Maybe some kind of network reset will resolve this issue ?

Max
09-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Fifty computers and no print server is quite poor from IT point of view. Tell them straigtthat you cant be expected to check every Pc for problems/driver updates. There must be a Pc that never gets turned off that can be used as a print server. Failing that a second hand laptop hidden under the table would do the trick just as well.

gavrielx
09-27-2017, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately, this is the form of work that exists there
Maybe I'll ask them to shut off all the computers in the organization after work hours
And turn off the network switches.

guitar9199
09-27-2017, 03:12 PM
"When I change the machine's IP it starts to work again"...??

Sounds like an IP conflict to me. With smartphones, tablets and computers all trying to get on a network, and only 252 (usually) available IP addresses, you need to make sure you either use MAC Address filtering on the IP addresses, or grab a static IP that's out of DHCP range to avoid this.

copier tech
09-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Do you mean you changed the ip address to stop the corrupt print job?
I would start by updating the fw & enabling function version 7 if not already set.

mo0651
09-27-2017, 09:56 PM
I would disconnect network cable. Power OFF/ON machine. Let it come to ready. Make copies. If light is still out, then plug in cable. Network is causing issue. Now it is IT dept. problem.

Hansoon
09-28-2017, 04:54 AM
Fifty computers and no print server is quite poor from IT point of view.

A noob like me would love to know why. Or to put it otherwise: What is the advantage of a Printserver and when should I have one?

Thanks

Hans

gavrielx
09-28-2017, 05:54 AM
Do you mean you changed the ip address to stop the corrupt print job?

when i change the ip the computer can't find the printer and then everything work again.
but if i have to change the ip i have to change it on 50 computer also because they dont have printer server.

Max
09-28-2017, 12:20 PM
A noob like me would love to know why. Or to put it otherwise: What is the advantage of a Printserver and when should I have one?

Thanks

Hans

When you install the driver on a server and share it across 50 Pc's you have controll over it. In this case a job in a queue will be shown on the server and can be easily deleted/reset. If you have 50 PC's with 50 individual drivers and every one is messing with it, makes troubleshooting difficult. "Printserver" a second hand laptop with shared printer driver under the table will do just fine.

D_L_P
09-28-2017, 12:44 PM
In order to find who is the culptit try this. Turn off the bizhub. Find another printer nearby, a small hp for example. Assign that printer the bizhub IP address. The job will print there and use that to find which user needs a newer driver. Change all the ip addresses back.
I had to do this because nobody could find the job to cancel it and 'our' equipment had the error so was our issue.

gavrielx
10-01-2017, 07:49 AM
In order to find who is the culptit try this. Turn off the bizhub. Find another printer nearby, a small hp for example. Assign that printer the bizhub IP address. The job will print there and use that to find which user needs a newer driver. Change all the ip addresses back.
I had to do this because nobody could find the job to cancel it and 'our' equipment had the error so was our issue.

Your advice works and solve the problem.
tanks.

Custom Search