PDA

View Full Version : Biz 363, blank pages

Custom Search

copyman
09-27-2017, 11:33 PM
This was thrown on me on way out of one of my customers. I was there for something else and didn't have a lot of time to troubleshoot further. Going back tomorrow.

No image at all. never saw this on this series. No codes. Quickly checked all the usual things like drum/dev turning, contacts on right side. I know it has to do with Print head, HSPS or DC pwr sup. Wouldn't the machine throw code for bad print head? or even loss of HV?

Anyone know or tried using a 223 PH in a 363? They have different part #'s. The reason I ask is I have swapped the PH's between the faster & slower models on the Biz 200 series & even way back to the Di-200 series. Those part #'s were different but the lasers worked in any model.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

copier addict
09-28-2017, 12:00 AM
This was thrown on me on way out of one of my customers. I was there for something else and didn't have a lot of time to troubleshoot further. Going back tomorrow.

No image at all. never saw this on this series. No codes. Quickly checked all the usual things like drum/dev turning, contacts on right side. I know it has to do with Print head, HSPS or DC pwr sup. Wouldn't the machine throw code for bad print head? or even loss of HV?

Anyone know or tried using a 223 PH in a 363? They have different part #'s. The reason I ask is I have swapped the PH's between the faster & slower models on the Biz 200 series & even way back to the Di-200 series. Those part #'s were different but the lasers worked in any model.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

A few things to check first would be the gear on the transfer roller, the dev spacer rollers and something blocking the printhead from writing the drum.

Synthohol
09-28-2017, 04:17 AM
if the PH wasnt aligned you may have P-codes from lack of patches on warmup.
do you have an oilcan on the screen?

D_L_P
09-28-2017, 12:53 PM
if the PH wasnt aligned you may have P-codes from lack of patches on warmup.
do you have an oilcan on the screen?

You'd think there would be some error code for blank pages. I just had a c454 last week with blank pages. No error code. Only clue was stabilization was NG and a P code to that effect. The High voltage power supply fixed it. Hate to admit it but I Tried a PH 1st. In hindsight there shold be an error code for no beam detect in the PH, right? Not sure about a 423 though. I'd try a HVPS 1st, probably the cheapest of the 3 anyway.

copyman
09-28-2017, 10:38 PM
Turned out the blank pages, with NO codes was caused by a bad Printer Control PWB. Thanks again for the replies.

Synthohol
09-29-2017, 03:58 AM
WOW!
thanks for closing this ticket with success! ;)

Custom Search