PDA

View Full Version : Samsung machines

Custom Search

richs
09-28-2017, 09:45 PM
We are thinking of taking on the Samsung line.How are these machines for reliability and quality?

ZOOTECH
09-28-2017, 10:14 PM
We are thinking of taking on the Samsung line.How are these machines for reliability and quality?
Unless things have changed in the last 18 months, RUN AWAY! JMHO

dan7777
09-29-2017, 04:44 PM

We did not have good luck and sales people started not selling them as pricing got higher. We were purchased by very large company and they said the same thing. Strange issues that were sometimes fixed by software. I only have a half dozen in my territory compared to 350 plus others. That being said they seem to run ok but noticed copies between calls averaged about 4k. No one knows what is going to happen next after hp bought them out but the two or three hp's I have serviced I would put them in the same category.

jper34
11-29-2017, 04:41 PM
not one of my favorites..customers seem to have many complaints, with being user friendly issues...
seem to be built kinda cheap too..just my personal opinion, having worked on many of these , various models..I'm a kyocera fan, myself..

George J
11-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Here's a list of all reliable and good quality samsung MFPs:

(this page left intentionally blank)

Phil B.
11-29-2017, 08:06 PM

RUN FOREST RUN

the printer line sux.. what's worse is the tech portal for ordering and placing claims... and worse than that is they time in which they pay and the number of claims they deny... and don't expect them to send you warranty claims to do

Phil B.
11-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Here's a list of all reliable and good quality samsung MFPs:

(this page left intentionally blank)

I TOTALLY AGREE with George J and the other comments.

JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK

driving lots of miles
11-29-2017, 10:07 PM
I agree Run! Our business carried them for about a year after Panasonic went out of business and they were always problem machines, fortunately we only have a few left in the field. We still have one big machine in the warehouse that has never been out of the box for over three years. We carry the sharp line now and have been very happy with them.

Dcopierdoc
11-30-2017, 04:43 AM
Well I have approximately 600 various models in the field small printers mfp's to MX4 series MX7 series all mine run good very easy to maintain. Going through the change with HP will see how that goes. I've got 34 years in the industry these MFP's are pretty good.
Thanks Dcopierdoc:cool:

Drcopy
11-30-2017, 08:38 AM
It's like kinder surprise when you open the box of a new Samsung especially the MX7 series, they may work ok on run up but later have problems or the minute you turn it on issues start from then.

Absolutely piece of @&$?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richs
12-03-2017, 02:53 PM
WE decided not to carry them.Thanks for the input.

AndyCan
02-13-2018, 02:31 AM
In South Africa we have done rather well with Samsung over the last few years. Samsung South Africa made a concerted effort, providing free accommodation and training to get our rather large support team trained and certified. Their after sales support was also great (in South Africa) with The Samsung guys in Joburg being readily available and responsive to support issues. Spares turnaround was also some of the best I have ever dealt with in 17 years of copier tech support, once having received an apology for waiting 72 hours for a part that had to be flown in from Korea (at their expense). The Samsung GSPN support site was a bit klunky, but it had all that a tech needs to get the job done, manuals, part lists, service bulletins and firmware.
This has all changed with HP. for over a month now we have had no access to GSPN and HP has no taken over the Samsung printer division completely. We have no access to manuals, part lists, service bulletins or firmware. There is no number to call. We have access to what looks like a normal customer portal. HP have no idea what they are doing. So the short answer? Yup Run away. HP are going to stuff it up.

3ktlc
02-23-2018, 02:26 PM
The older ones ran good. The newer once seem cheap. Who knows how they will be now that HP bought them. Plus, you don't make much on them.

allusedup
09-24-2018, 06:33 PM
We named them Sam-Suck if that gives you any clues. We are phasing them out....no support since HP took them over.

3ktlc
09-25-2018, 10:33 PM
Older ones were decent. Newer ones were cheap.

Victor679
10-08-2018, 01:23 AM
Suggest you don't. Better find a another brand. They were quite good intially but ever since HP acquired them. It has caused alot of problems: parts, consumables, orders, etc, etc....

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

lettech
08-23-2019, 09:45 PM
I've been working on these Samsung's for 7 years over 30 years of experience in the Copier/Printers field mostly Ricoh, Canon, Kyocera, and HP. Samsung equipment is lacking in a lot of areas. The newer ones are better than older ones but, now that HP owns them their technical support is a real headache parts, and supplies, also an issue. If it was me I would point them in the direction of Canon. Their technical support is second to nobody. Their Technical support with snapshot and the grid you don't even have to be certified on their equipment to get information that is needed out in the field!!!

Custom Search