PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine CF Card issue Bizhub 601(god i hate this thing)

Custom Search

DigiMan
09-29-2017, 11:31 AM
Good morning everyone..

As the title says one of my customers 601's stopped booting and when i get there i indeed confirm it doesn't.
Having some past experiences with this issue the first thing that came to mind is the CF card.
Indeed when i took it to my shop and plugged it in there where only 3 files in it and they have jibberish names
so possibly corrupted.
Lucky for me i have a spare 601 on my shop and i just take it out copy paste everything to the other card(not formating anything)
and i try it on my machine which it doesnt work(wont boot).Hard luck i guess im gonna order a new one.
Thing is that my shop machine now wont work with its previous card either!WTF?
Have i done something wrong here??Should i have done a different procedure to troubleshoot it?
To be honest im completely lost here and desperately need some advice as i dont know what routine to follow!

Thanks in advance!

Edit:Can anyone confirm if you plug your cf card in your computer using a card reader and you open your computer and highlight it(or by checking the properties) does it say Vxworks in the system file?

Synthohol
09-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Use konica cf card tool.
The cards are not a standard format, I've had to use a hex code tool to reset zeros to the card so the cf card formatter and firmware image writer tool can do its job.
the firmware imaging toolkit is what you have to use.

Woxner
09-29-2017, 06:42 PM
hope you save a backup copy of the shop cf card. if you transfer one to the other you will need to put the serial in the fixed machine otherwisw it will have your shop seriel. but like last post said tool is best or required. vx should show up in the computer when you look at the files

DigiMan
10-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Goodmorning gentlemen

Thank you for your replies and sorry for my late response(was in hospital for health issues :mad:).
The only CF card tool i found on infohub is about the old C350,can it be used for the 601's?
As i understand i need to reload firmware on my shops card to make it work again using that tool?
Im trying to make sense on the service manual but im having a hard time(noob!) since its a bit vague.
If its not too much trouble can you guys guide me in steps in what needs to be done so i wont mess up
more than i already did?

Thanks so much!

Edit : ok so searching throughthe forum i've found some guys using a tool that turns the cards to factory default?(Synthohol
im guessing you mean the same thing?)Though no one said which program is it and if the procedure is available.
Im guessing i have to turn the card to default and then reload firmware over it?A few pointers on how to do that and with what software
would be most welcome!)Sorry if im asking pretty much the same questions over and over,first time messing with these cards.

bizhubber
10-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Here is an older post with some good info bizhub 601 hourglass on display. that is it (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/89362-bizhub-601-hourglass-display.html) Bottom line is never format the card you are trying to repair.
A new cf card can be ordered from Konica Minolta, part # A0PNR72211 for U.S.. Pricey ... maybe $300 ish
It will have a base firmware already on it .

copyman
10-10-2017, 02:33 AM
he said he didn't format the card. think the problem is he should've used the K/M imaging toolkit to copy.

As far as hating that model, join the crowd. read my reply to a recent post about a 751 jamming.

DigiMan
10-12-2017, 08:21 AM
I didnt say i hated the model,i just hate that card!
The only thing im asking for is just the procedure on how to reset the card to its default(according to previous posts),
and how to re-write firmware on it once thats done,that is if anyone can send me the relevant documents for the said procedures.
Is it on the sm and i've overlooked it?

Albonline
10-12-2017, 08:19 PM
I didnt say i hated the model,i just hate that card!
The only thing im asking for is just the procedure on how to reset the card to its default(according to previous posts),
and how to re-write firmware on it once thats done,that is if anyone can send me the relevant documents for the said procedures.
Is it on the sm and i've overlooked it?

you should be able to just delete then drag and drop files to it.
looks as though you have a problem with the field mfp board killing the cf .
the cards are formatted with vxworks. you can telnet into the controller and issue the command 'vxformat' to fix your wiped card or to convert one from another konica unit to be acceptable to the 601.

Albonline
10-12-2017, 08:22 PM
there are base 601 cf files on kmbs in the firmware area.

DigiMan
10-19-2017, 09:38 AM
there are base 601 cf files on kmbs in the firmware area.

Can you kindly provide a link as im not able to find them there and also on infohub which i scoured.

DigiMan
10-19-2017, 09:42 AM
If i order a new one which part number am i supposed to order?On infohub it lists 2 cards in the same slot based on your firmware?
Since i dont know what firmware was on it does it matter?God what a bothersome issue

Synthohol
10-19-2017, 12:58 PM
the BH601 uses a usb stick to update FW.

selig67
10-19-2017, 04:58 PM
when ordering a new one, the only difference between the two is for what model you have. 601 or 751. Unfortunately, I just checked my parts catalogue and it doesnt specify (the older parts lists said whether it was for a 601 or 751).. my guess would be that its the A0PNR72211 part. you can also go to the konica web site and go to the service dropdown and select "one stop product support". in there you can select your model and find the 601 recovery.exe in the firmware section. then follow these instructions (they are also in the same section)

Release notes for the Bizhub 601 CF card recovery firmwareThis firmware, Recovery601.exe is for the recovery of a corrupted CF card. The recoveryfirmware should only be used after flashing the machine via the USB drive port has beendone and the firmware on the CF card is suspected to be corrupted.To perform the recovery procedure, remove the CF card from the machine and install it ina CF card reader/writer to access the files on the CF card. Select the CF card, NOTE: DONOT FORMAT THE CF CARD AS IT WILL NO LONGER BE RECOGNIZED BYTHE MACHINE. Create two new folders, one to backup the current files and one tounzip the new files into. Select all files on the CF card and cut and paste them to one ofthe newly created folders. Next, unzip the recovery firmware into the other new folderthat was created then, select all and cut and paste them to the CF card. When the files aredone transferring, make sure to properly eject the CF card before removing it.Reinstall the CF card into the machine and turn it on. The firmware level will now be atthe first release version for the machine. The machine can now be flashed up to the latestfirmware level using a USB drive.

DigiMan
10-26-2017, 11:07 AM
when ordering a new one, the only difference between the two is for what model you have. 601 or 751. Unfortunately, I just checked my parts catalogue and it doesnt specify (the older parts lists said whether it was for a 601 or 751).. my guess would be that its the A0PNR72211 part. you can also go to the konica web site and go to the service dropdown and select "one stop product support". in there you can select your model and find the 601 recovery.exe in the firmware section. then follow these instructions (they are also in the same section)

Release notes for the Bizhub 601 CF card recovery firmwareThis firmware, Recovery601.exe is for the recovery of a corrupted CF card. The recoveryfirmware should only be used after flashing the machine via the USB drive port has beendone and the firmware on the CF card is suspected to be corrupted.To perform the recovery procedure, remove the CF card from the machine and install it ina CF card reader/writer to access the files on the CF card. Select the CF card, NOTE: DONOT FORMAT THE CF CARD AS IT WILL NO LONGER BE RECOGNIZED BYTHE MACHINE. Create two new folders, one to backup the current files and one tounzip the new files into. Select all files on the CF card and cut and paste them to one ofthe newly created folders. Next, unzip the recovery firmware into the other new folderthat was created then, select all and cut and paste them to the CF card. When the files aredone transferring, make sure to properly eject the CF card before removing it.Reinstall the CF card into the machine and turn it on. The firmware level will now be atthe first release version for the machine. The machine can now be flashed up to the latestfirmware level using a USB drive.

Thank you for your feedback but im unable to find this recover.exe,i've looked everywhere in infohub and i cant seem to find it.
Does anyone have this firmware??

Synthohol
10-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Corruption of the CF card.

SOLUTION: Delete the files from the CF card and write the version 10.0 Base files directly to the card. Only delete the files from the CF card and copy the new files from the Base firmware download to it. This will recover the machine.
IMPORTANT: Change the administrator password before upgrading firmware beyond the base level. To do this, perform the following:
1. Enter Service Mode.
2. Press Stop, 0, Clear on the 10-key pad of the control panel.
3. Touch Administrator Password.
4. Enter the administrator password.
5. Touch End.
From this point, flash the machine as normal to the latest firmware version. The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector or One-Stop Product Support.
If the problem is not resolved, please replace the CF card (p/n A0PN R722 11) which is compatible with version 20 firmware.
WARNING: DO NOT FORMAT THE CF CARD as this will render the card unreadable.

Release notes for the Bizhub 601
CF card recovery firmware
This firmware, Recovery601.exe is for the reco
very of a corrupted CF card. The recovery
firmware should only be used after flashing
the machine via the USB drive port has been
done and the firmware on the CF card is suspected to be corrupted.
To perform the recovery procedure, remove th
e CF card from the machine and install it in
a CF card reader/writer to
access the files on the CF
card. Select the CF card,
NOTE: DO
NOT FORMAT THE CF CARD AS IT WILL NO LONGER BE RECOGNIZED BY
THE MACHINE. Create two new folders, one to b
ackup the current files and one to
unzip the new files into. Select all files on th
e CF card and cut and paste them to one of
the newly created folders. Next, unzip the recovery firmware into the other new folder
that was created then, select all and cut and
paste them to the CF card. When the files are
done transferring, make sure to properly
eject the CF card before removing it.
Reinstall the CF card into the machine and tu
rn it on. The firmware level will now be at
the first release version for the machine. The
machine can now be flashed up to the latest
firmware level using a USB drive.

check your PMs

selig67
10-26-2017, 06:31 PM