PDA

View Full Version : 4e series scan to email

Custom Search

Don N.
09-29-2017, 11:43 PM
Is there an issue with scan to email on 4e series at function ver. 3? I'm using all known good, regularly used smtp server settings, but no joy. It was late, customer locking the doors so I had to leave before checking what the error was - server connect or auth, so I'll be going back monday. SMB to server was working.
I remember a c224 (non-e series) version update that fixed an email bugger immediately upon ver. update but can't remember what ver. (3 or 5) it was at. Everything I'm reading says it was just 4 (non-e) function ver. problem. This C224e at function ver. 3 has recent FW G00-K6.

copier tech
09-30-2017, 08:36 AM
The secret is to keep all your Bizhubs on function version 7 with latest FW that way you are one step ahead of potential issues.

If you're 100% sure the SMTP details are correct as is gateway & DNS then i'd suggest upgrading to function 7 etc.

This also enables the AirPrint option which more & more customers are requesting.

REGSIS
10-02-2017, 06:55 PM
K6 is FV7 FW. You just need to change value of switches.

Don N.
10-02-2017, 07:07 PM
K6 is FV7 FW. You just need to change value of switches.
Thanks REGSIS!
Last time I did ver. up, it was in 2 stages on a 4 series (non-e). I think to ver 5? Don't remember.
Can I go from VER. 3 to 7 in one step on this 4e?
Any reason to assume this is my email issue?

copier tech
10-03-2017, 07:28 AM
When I have scan to email issues & I am 100% sure the smtp info is correct updating fw usually corrects the issue, this is the same on other manufactuers.
I also use a gmail account as a test to scan from.

chkarlsson
10-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Hi.
With some smtp servers where you have to log in, your send adress is very important
to get it to work. Often the same as the user for login.

Machine settings:
Admin. E-mail Address:

Don N.
10-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Hi.
With some smtp servers where you have to log in, your send adress is very important
to get it to work. Often the same as the user for login.

Machine settings:
Admin. E-mail Address:

Thanks chkarlsson
I know its hard to tell how experienced some techs are, and Lord knows we all make mistakes. We use our own unlimited email server at the same host name, port, auth and admin pw for testing on all of the machines we set up. Due to many customer's limited ability to provide us their smtp info accurately and their insatiable desire to change ISP's every time there's a discount, it ends up being unchanged (hopefully) year after year. If it ever stopped working, or changed, it would create a huge problem for us, but we know it's correct. That's why I'm wondering if anyone knows that a 4e series at Function ver. 3 has email issues? So far nobody seems to have a problem, or everyone has moved on from 3. I'll be returning to go to ver. 7 today & see if maybe I overlooked something, or if ver. 3 was the issue, as was on a non-e 4 series.
Really appreciate all the suggestions.

chkarlsson
10-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Hi.
No we havenīt had any problem with function version 3.

REGSIS
10-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Thanks REGSIS!
Last time I did ver. up, it was in 2 stages on a 4 series (non-e). I think to ver 5? Don't remember.
Can I go from VER. 3 to 7 in one step on this 4e?
Any reason to assume this is my email issue?

Switch No: 25
HEX assignment: 60
Press SET/OK

Turn OFF/ON main power switch
Check function version.

Regarding e-mail issue, I'm really not sure that FW is the problem. It works for me on every version.
I had only one issue on one machine for which I suspect is ISP related, which I solve by using different login account on different server than that I usually use.
So, I couldn't say it doesn't really work when it works with different account. :cool:

Reed
10-09-2017, 03:48 PM
I had a problem setting one of these up one time and I knew I had everything correct .. smtp, email authentication, Sender email. It ended up being the customers DNS was blocking the outgoing email. Put in Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) Everything started working

srvctec
10-13-2017, 10:10 PM
I had a problem setting one of these up one time and I knew I had everything correct .. smtp, email authentication, Sender email. It ended up being the customers DNS was blocking the outgoing email. Put in Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) Everything started working

Same here. I'll never forget how critical DNS can be after that experience of "banging my head on the wall" for so long while troubleshooting the issue.

Custom Search