PDA

View Full Version : Imaging Issue on a 364E i have never seen before!

Custom Search

Estill0918
10-04-2017, 07:13 PM
It almost resembles tire tracks and shows up on Magenta & Black. I have replace the HV board, transfer belt, transfer roller , swapped out the consumables to check for improvement, firmware update , & checked the connections on the PCB. Still getting it. has anyone ever seen this before?

Estill0918
10-04-2017, 07:22 PM
here's some examples I am getting.

kenpio
10-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Looks like a developer unit.

Phil B.
10-04-2017, 09:20 PM

agreed

copier tech
10-04-2017, 09:45 PM
agreed

Classic DV issue, check this first, simply remove the dev units & observe the dev coating.

copyman
10-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I kinda like the look but hard to get a customer to accept that:cool:

I was thinking DV but the poster said all consumables were swapped from another machine and it still did it. I'm assuming by consumables he meant drum & dv units.

blackcat4866
10-04-2017, 10:39 PM

That's just what I was going to say. =^..^=

Estill0918
10-04-2017, 10:45 PM
I guess some don't know what consumables are.

Estill0918
10-05-2017, 01:34 AM
going to try the PH UNIT TOMORROW. it's happening on M C K and nothing on Y

copyman
10-05-2017, 02:03 AM
It's gotta be the PH unit. Can't think of what else could cause that effect. Especially since you say yellow isn't doing it if you run just a single color test page. I've also seen some wild patterns from charge grids shorting, etc, but not like what you have.

copier tech
10-05-2017, 06:25 AM
I guess some don't know what consumables are.

A consumable is an item the customer can replace, the customer is the “consumer” hence the word comsumable.
So image units & toner, i’d like to see one of my customers try & replace a dev unit on the c364e!

habik
10-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Replace drum and dev with new units at the same time!

If any other units over life, replace them.

printerguy77
10-05-2017, 11:59 AM
I'd hazard a guess that you are using compatable toners and probably Katun at that.

this nearly destroyed my fleet of Olivetti MF222 -MF452. do not use it under any circumstances. savings are not realistic as the amount of drums developers and ITB's that need to be replaced as a result not to mention the heart ache of the customer and the extra engineer call outs and fuel wasted dont add up.

Estill0918
10-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Consumables are parts you have to replace on standard maintenance , it's the actual term the manufacturer uses for the parts. Sorry for the confusion.

Oystercopy
10-05-2017, 03:25 PM
I didn't notice this in the thread, but does it do the same thing on PRINTS as well as copies?

If it is, I had one machine recently continually suck the developer out of the black unit, even though I kept replacing them.. We thought there might have been something wrong with the HVT, but replaced that as well, and same problem. It was likely something in the logic that was causing it, but I ended up replacing the whole machine, because I'd lost so much money on it already... and those DV units are NOT cheap.... you could destroy a lot of them in the process and I think they're about $500 each!

OC

Estill0918
10-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Yes, thankfully it's under warranty . We've had pretty good luck with Konica and Muratec but when they mess up , they seriously mess up. We've had some issues that we couldn't fix and had to replace the machine. when I run the individual color charts I'm getting the exact same pattern on M AND K. I've never seen anything like it. I was initially leaning towards voltage. if you have the same image issue on multiple colors it usually takes out dv and drum but I guess it could be bleeding over. but I did try a new dv and it stayed the same. waiting on ups now for the ph unit.

Estill0918
10-05-2017, 04:07 PM
when you mean suck out of the black developer did you have an imaging issue similar or were you throwing low tcr level codes ?

Oystercopy
10-05-2017, 04:35 PM
when you mean suck out of the black developer did you have an imaging issue similar or were you throwing low tcr level codes ?

No, we were not necessarily having low TCR levels; we were checking them. The machine had NO IDEA the developer unit was low on toner, and only after we completely STARVED the unit by running sky shots, did the toner motor come on and add toner.. at first we thought it might have been a clogged toner hopper issue, because the sensor arm may have been stuck, causing the machine to think the hopper had toner when it didn't. But that didn't work at all and we destroyed a total of 4 developer units before giving up on the machine.. very expensive. It would be one thing if the developer was available separately, so we could keep replacing it while we troubleshot, but its not, so replacing the whole units (at $175 each) was our only option...

And YES, I absolutely agree, the Konicas are great machines until you have a problem, but when you do, it's a SERIOUS problem.. luckily, we don't have that many!
OC

Oystercopy
10-05-2017, 04:39 PM
I'd hazard a guess that you are using compatable toners and probably Katun at that.

this nearly destroyed my fleet of Olivetti MF222 -MF452. do not use it under any circumstances. savings are not realistic as the amount of drums developers and ITB's that need to be replaced as a result not to mention the heart ache of the customer and the extra engineer call outs and fuel wasted dont add up.

Boy, do I AGREE with this post! Several years ago, Katun toner totally DESTROYED my Toshibas in the field, and the last thing I looked at was toner.. what a joke.. and Katun tried to blame it on ME! (that I was doing something wrong, causing the machine's internals to self-destruct, continually.. right!) That's all I had to hear to never use compatibles (especially Katun) again.. I took for granted that Katun actually PERFORMED all the internal testing of their toners, but that was a joke and lost me a lot of $$ and good customers.. never again.
OC

copyman
10-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Please report back when you find the solution.

nassor
10-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Sound like laser unit confusion.

nassor
10-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Sound like laser unit confusion.check laser unit cable/belt

Estill0918
10-05-2017, 07:07 PM
just replaced the PH UNIT and it he issue on magenta and black still have the issue. not sure what else to do . maybe engine board.

Estill0918
10-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Manufacturer suggest the MFP board. going to try that tomorrow . machine is under warranty also . so the idea of replacing if this doesn't fix it is possible but I would prefer to fix this.

copyman
10-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Wow! I feel for you. Might as well try the MFP. Not many options left. You practically replaced everything.

We all get a machine like this where it just don't make sense. I think the Jap's throw a machine out there every once in awhile just to make our lives miserable:(

Keep us posted.

Good luck!

kingarthur
10-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Wow! I feel for you. Might as well try the MFP. Not many options left. You practically replaced everything.

We all get a machine like this where it just don't make sense. I think the Jap's throw a machine out there every once in awhile just to make our lives miserable:(

Keep us posted.

Good luck!

Yep the "Friday afternoon machine". Where it's Friday afternoon at the factory, and they put it together quickly as they're rushing home for the weekend :D

Estill0918
10-06-2017, 10:39 PM
mfp is a no go. one of my idc sensors running low around 2.6 cleaned and cleaned now going to try and replace the prcb due to the low idc sensor.

copyman
10-06-2017, 11:19 PM
Wow! is all I can say. Don't think there is anything left to swap after the Printer control pwb.

Don N.
11-01-2017, 04:30 PM
No, we were not necessarily having low TCR levels; we were checking them. The machine had NO IDEA the developer unit was low on toner, and only after we completely STARVED the unit by running sky shots, did the toner motor come on and add toner.. at first we thought it might have been a clogged toner hopper issue, because the sensor arm may have been stuck, causing the machine to think the hopper had toner when it didn't. But that didn't work at all and we destroyed a total of 4 developer units before giving up on the machine.. very expensive. It would be one thing if the developer was available separately, so we could keep replacing it while we troubleshot, but its not, so replacing the whole units (at $175 each) was our only option...

And YES, I absolutely agree, the Konicas are great machines until you have a problem, but when you do, it's a SERIOUS problem.. luckily, we don't have that many!
OC
We get the bags of dv for the c220 series and replace toner sensors. Re-use the dv units several times. Haven't searched for 4e series dv bags and reset chips.

That look is well known to a lot of us who have seen low K dev, but isn't it a more spiraled/slanted look when the mag roller is depleted?

Don N.
11-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Did you replace the transfer belt or check the tension cams on the rear of the TB? I had one post pop out of the slot (probably dropped) and had strange/weak copy on that color. It may have been a C353 series IDK, long time back, but theoretically the same. Could be several tension cams are popped out? Longshot...

Custom Search