anyone has it ?

Thank you!!

Synthohol
10-07-2017, 05:51 PM
its in the service manual?

Canonier
10-08-2017, 02:17 PM
no unfortunately is not.
i am trying to adjust the rotation speed of the transfer unit because of the classic grey lines on copies.
it is done by adjusting a dp switch...

Synthohol
10-08-2017, 05:18 PM
what kind of lines? i cant find anything related on SSD. i tried belt, speed, transfer, lines, gray, grey, all separate searches and combinations of all.
only thing close was...
Error
P21

Root Cause
P21 with intermittent streaks on copies and prints.

Workaround/Fix
CAUSE: HV2 has failed leaving no bias voltage applied to the transfer belt cleaning brush.

SOLUTION: Please replace HV2 (p/n A0P0 M408 00).
i didnt know you can adjust belt speed since it has to match up with the fuser.

copier tech
10-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Post a print out of the Bizhub test page, it is unlikely you willneed to adjust any dip switches for a copy/print quality issue.

Woxner
10-08-2017, 09:57 PM
the soft sw are in the manual under service adjustments page I202

Synthohol
10-08-2017, 10:21 PM
those are for CS Remote care, not like normal sw switches

Canonier
10-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Sorry for the delay in my answer.
i am attaching a scan of the problem.
the machine has new K unit (both dev and drum.) the transfer unit is relatively new (70.000 prints)
and this happened. a friend tech told my about a dp switch to change the gear speed of the transfer unit.
any ideas ?37827

Canonier
10-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Sorry for the delay in my answer.
i am attaching a scan of the problem.
the machine has new K unit (both dev and drum.) the transfer unit is relatively new (70.000 prints)
and this happened. a friend tech told my about a dp switch to change the gear speed of the transfer unit. 37828

Synthohol
10-09-2017, 12:39 PM
what is the issue? the skew? or the bottom of the carton paper effect?

Synthohol
10-09-2017, 12:44 PM
does it happen on all 4 colors?
i gotta check, i think it was the c452s that had the printheads "recalled"

Canonier
10-09-2017, 12:45 PM
the carton paper effect
(the lines in gray).

Canonier
10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
No, only in black.

habik
10-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Wasn't this caused by drum drive? or was it on different model.. Think I've seen thread about this.

Canonier
10-09-2017, 03:07 PM
No the drum drive is brand new. and the dev unit also.
this lines i think are from the movement of the transfer unit somehow.
if you use thick 1 paper mode. the lines are improved drastically.

habik
10-09-2017, 11:17 PM
No the drum drive is brand new. and the dev unit also.
this lines i think are from the movement of the transfer unit somehow.
if you use thick 1 paper mode. the lines are improved drastically.

Ah OK, What I was trying to say is the K DRIVE motor M18 for the K Drum speed is corrected by a encoder at the back of drive unit which when dirty can cause all sorts of issues. PS45 and PS46 are encoder photointerrupters. Saying that.., since the THICK 1 paper does improve the print that could mean the distance at the jitter is smaller. There could be drag in loop adjustments for the fuser. Since fuser speed is different on THICK 1 that may be half of your answer.
Thick 1 has 132mm/s
Plain has 216mm/s

Maybe worth trying to print as Gloss setup on PLAIN paper. i.e. to give the PLAIN paper a bit of shine. This will reduce the speed to 108mm/s and may show similar results as on THICK 1.

The fuser speed is also adjusted by the loop sensor which sits below fuser unit. I would probably check that if it isn't broken or just sticky. When you operate it manually it should have nice sort of plastic to metal resonance. If the shaft on loop sensor is soiled with paper dust or residue it is dragy/sticky and doesn't return as fast. If all good, then try adjusting the Fuser speed for PLAIN paper and see if the cardboard effect changes. Now I am thinking about it, have you tried print stop during paper passage between fuser and feed unit on A3 size? That could give some hints too.

I haven't found any Transfer belt drive speed settings.
FYI there is drive motor for Fuser and Drive motor for Transfer Belt.. so if out of sync it may cause issue.
There is DIP SW for Fuser to enable print job during alternating temperatures but I don't think that is related. DipSW S, Switch No.4 (Default is OFF)

Good luck.

Custom Search