PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Lantronix xPrintServer - Airprint with account codes on a KM 8 Series Machine

Custom Search

jrstine
10-12-2017, 07:15 PM
I have an issue with the Konica Minolta 8 Series machines being able to print using the xPrintServer devices when the machines are using account codes. This was working great with the 4 series and 4e series machines. Since we are now refreshing the customers' fleet with newer machines this feature has stopped working. Has anyone else run into this and maybe know of a fix for it?

REGSIS
10-12-2017, 07:51 PM
8 series and 4e with latest FW have airprint ability, so you don't need to use lantronix print server at all, just enable bonjour and airprint on machines.

emujo2
10-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Last I checked into this, air print does not allow for the input of account codes. If you have a screen shot of an air print printer that shows this feature I would appreciate it. Emujo

jrstine
10-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Last I checked into this, air print does not allow for the input of account codes. If you have a screen shot of an air print printer that shows this feature I would appreciate it. Emujo

I will be heading back down to the account next week and I will get some for you. Thanks...

jrstine
10-12-2017, 08:47 PM
8 series and 4e with latest FW have airprint ability, so you don't need to use lantronix print server at all, just enable bonjour and airprint on machines.
You need the Lantronix device if you want to use account codes.

REGSIS
10-13-2017, 05:05 PM
You need the Lantronix device if you want to use account codes.

I setup c308 with user authentification (not account track). Users did rest of the job. If I remember correctly they chose "Airprint secure" or something similar (not Airprint) when selecting printer driver on Mac. And it worked.
I supose there are some fields in there for username & password input, and if it works with user auth. I supose it works with account track.
Didnt see it with my own eyes thou. :(

Dont have a Mac so cannot try that for you. Sorry

Custom Search