PDA

View Full Version : Error code cd390 konica minolta bizhub c452

Custom Search

AhmedChamumi
10-14-2017, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone,

How have you been doing? Here is a little history of the above machine...The machine had a failed MFPB which led to serious image quality problem i managed to get another MFPB from the other machine of similar capacity though it was Develop ineo C452 after replacing the MFPB i loaded the NVRAM of the older board and loaded firmware version A0P00Y0-F000-G00-D1 and immediately showed error code CD390 which relates to NVRAM problems and on the screen there is an option to recover data but it doesnt seem to respond to touch....and the machine keep rebooting only to return to error code screen and reboot again ...Im way over my depth please assist.

Best of regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi.

Woxner
10-14-2017, 07:37 PM
do you have the nvram clear firmware. you should not swap boards from one machine to another. you can end up with nvram codes hdd codes lic codes etc i know sometimes they change the firmware even though its a minolta. muratec does this as well. if you need the nvram tar file let me know

AhmedChamumi
10-14-2017, 10:18 PM
do you have the nvram clear firmware. you should not swap boards from one machine to another. you can end up with nvram codes hdd codes lic codes etc i know sometimes they change the firmware even though its a minolta. muratec does this as well. if you need the nvram tar file let me know

Helo.

Thanks Woxner for the heads up, Kindly PM me the nvram tar file along with the instructions on the procedure as i have never done that before.

Thanks in advance for saving the day.

Best of regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi.

Synthohol
10-15-2017, 05:13 AM
NVRAM trouble codes (C-D3xx codes) can occur at any time. Mostly these codes happen when updating firmware. A NVRAM Data Restore procedure can be used to address these codes:
Stop, 0, 7, 1, 3, 9, *
What this procedure does is take a good image of the NVRAM off the MFP board (created when you performed the NVRAM Data Backup) and restore it to the NVRAM. There are approximately 30 registers that can be corrupt, so the above procedure may have to be done as much as 30 times.
WARNING: If a corrupt NVRAM is suspected, DO NOT perform the NVRAM Data Backup. This will take the corrupt NVRAM image and back it up to the MFP board. If this is done, and the NVRAM is replaced, the corrupt data that was just backed up will be transferred to the new NVRAM. If this is the case, then the NVRAM and MFP board will have to be replaced as a set.

Known unrecoverable NVRAM symptoms:
1. Stuck on hourglass screen
2. Incorrect meters
3. When performing the NVRAM restore procedure the codes repeat themselves
Note: One thing that has been noticed is these machines seem to be highly susceptible to voltage sags and spikes. It is HIGHLY recommended to install a quality power line conditioner on these machines.
Known fixes for various codes:
C-D36E and C-E002 – Install Phase 3.01 firmware (H5 or H6 depending on model).

If a corrupt NVRAM is suspected, please try performing a Data Clear. This can be found in the Tech Rep mode.
CAUTION: All programmed addresses will be cleared. Please backup the address data using PageScope Web Connection to backup the data before performing the Data Clear. If NVRAM replacement is necessary please be aware that the meters may not be transferred and they might be reset to zero. This is unrecoverable and the correct meters cannot be input.

AhmedChamumi
10-16-2017, 09:42 PM

Thank you so much i will pay a visit and get back to you with results.

Best of regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi

AhmedChamumi
10-16-2017, 09:46 PM
NVRAM trouble codes (C-D3xx codes) can occur at any time. Mostly these codes happen when updating firmware. A NVRAM Data Restore procedure can be used to address these codes:
Stop, 0, 7, 1, 3, 9, *
What this procedure does is take a good image of the NVRAM off the MFP board (created when you performed the NVRAM Data Backup) and restore it to the NVRAM. There are approximately 30 registers that can be corrupt, so the above procedure may have to be done as much as 30 times.
WARNING: If a corrupt NVRAM is suspected, DO NOT perform the NVRAM Data Backup. This will take the corrupt NVRAM image and back it up to the MFP board. If this is done, and the NVRAM is replaced, the corrupt data that was just backed up will be transferred to the new NVRAM. If this is the case, then the NVRAM and MFP board will have to be replaced as a set.

2. Incorrect meters
Note: One thing that has been noticed is these machines seem to be highly susceptible to voltage sags and spikes. It is HIGHLY recommended to install a quality power line conditioner on these machines.

If a corrupt NVRAM is suspected, please try performing a Data Clear. This can be found in the Tech Rep mode.
CAUTION: All programmed addresses will be cleared. Please backup the address data using PageScope Web Connection to backup the data before performing the Data Clear. If NVRAM replacement is necessary please be aware that the meters may not be transferred and they might be reset to zero. This is unrecoverable and the correct meters cannot be input.

Many thanks to you for the detailed explanation i will work on this and and fill you in accordingly.

Once again thank you.

Best of regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi.

AhmedChamumi
10-19-2017, 11:21 PM

Helo Woxner,

I revisited the client with the tools provided but i finally came to a conclusion that im having a case of a fried MFPB since after all the procedure i still end up with the same error CD390 or the machine get stuck at hour glass...i will acquire the new MFPB along with the nvram and i will get back with observed results.

Once again thank you for your efforts,

Best of regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi

AhmedChamumi
10-19-2017, 11:26 PM
Stop, 0, 7, 1, 3, 9, *

2. Incorrect meters

Helo Snthohol,

I following through the given instructions in vain so i gather that im having a bad MFPB will get another one with it nvram as recommended and get back with the findings,

Thank you so much for your support,

Best of regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi.

Custom Search