PDA

View Full Version : konica C554 with jam at location 32 finisher

Custom Search

COPYDOCAZ
10-16-2017, 07:03 PM
this unit shows a constant jam at location 32 of the finisher, I have checked for paper and made sure the path is clear thru the aria but I can't find a sensor in that aria if someone could provide troubleshooting info for this finisher I would be greatfull.
Thanks
Mark

COPYDOCAZ
10-16-2017, 07:05 PM
I forgot to put the model # it is a FS-535

Synthohol
10-16-2017, 08:53 PM
location 32 is irrelevant, what is the actual jam code? Jxx-xx?

kunkie
10-17-2017, 12:05 AM
I've had this issue previously with a few of our machines, there is most likely a sheet stuck in the paper path that has stalled prior to the finisher exit section. you will need to remove the top cover of the finisher along with the upper guide plates to even see the lead edge of the sheet.

You should be able to manually turn the conveyance rollers to feed the sheet out. unsure what the cause was and the jams haven't reoccurred since.

habik
10-17-2017, 10:55 PM
Ahh hard to reach paper jam...

Impatient users forget to lift up the entrance guide A11P702304 of the finisher when had a paper jam and bang the door shut only to knock off C-clip and/or defroms the guide. Now the guide floats and gives funny jams as it sometimes blocks the photointerrupter PS1 in entrance of finisher. You clear jam sometimes in luck to re-seat the guide and all works for hudreds of pages.

Option 2 is the sensor PS3 in stacker unit with like a square little bucket underneath ( you will see it when you take the stapler front cover off ) blast the PS and bucket with air and whilst at it, clean the PS11 Stacker plate sensor ;) (with the small half moon actuator).

Option 3 is the PS15 sensor in paper alignment/collecting area gets fairly dusty since paper sits on top of it.(Easily forgoten and easy to clean with duster cloth)

Option 3 your SD2 had broken spring and bypass gate isn't swithching.(This SD was modified with better spring)

How old is the finisher and what is the mileage of machine?

EarthKmTech
10-18-2017, 10:57 AM
I've had this issue previously with a few of our machines, there is most likely a sheet stuck in the paper path that has stalled prior to the finisher exit section. you will need to remove the top cover of the finisher along with the upper guide plates to even see the lead edge of the sheet.

You should be able to manually turn the conveyance rollers to feed the sheet out. unsure what the cause was and the jams haven't reoccurred since.

Your're doing it the hard way.

Turn the top output tray exit rollers by hand at the same time as turning the exit paper jam knob - later versions of this finisher have an additional gray jam access knob for this very purpose.

I never ever have to open these finishers to remove a paper jam, early or late version.

EarthKmTech
10-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Ahh hard to reach paper jam...

Impatient users forget to lift up the entrance guide A11P702304 of the finisher when had a paper jam and bang the door shut only to knock off C-clip and/or defroms the guide. Now the guide floats and gives funny jams as it sometimes blocks the photointerrupter PS1 in entrance of finisher. You clear jam sometimes in luck to re-seat the guide and all works for hudreds of pages.

Option 2 is the sensor PS3 in stacker unit with like a square little bucket underneath ( you will see it when you take the stapler front cover off ) blast the PS and bucket with air and whilst at it, clean the PS11 Stacker plate sensor ;) (with the small half moon actuator).

Option 3 is the PS15 sensor in paper alignment/collecting area gets fairly dusty since paper sits on top of it.(Easily forgoten and easy to clean with duster cloth)

Option 3 your SD2 had broken spring and bypass gate isn't swithching.(This SD was modified with better spring)

How old is the finisher and what is the mileage of machine?

Intermittant failure / loss of control of the optional 2/4 hole punch will also cause paper to get stuck here - have a couple doing this, randomly part way through a job does 4 holes instead of 2 then stops with 7243 jam. Have replaced pk core mechanism and control board. Suspect its the harness since it moves and will fatigue on every operation. I am waiting for them to come in stock.

habik
10-19-2017, 01:41 AM
Intermittant failure / loss of control of the optional 2/4 hole punch will also cause paper to get stuck here - have a couple doing this, randomly part way through a job does 4 holes instead of 2 then stops with 7243 jam. Have replaced pk core mechanism and control board. Suspect its the harness since it moves and will fatigue on every operation. I am waiting for them to come in stock.

Does the registration loop adjustments on PK make any difference? (in regards to jam rather than actual loss of control) If the trail edge is being pulled whilst at punch job it could possibly cause it to stall/slip in between transport rollers whilst the punch blade is enganged and cause delay jam perhaps? (providing there is no ovals in punch holes that make this easy to asses.)

I have lightly different headache with PK521 on FS535 where scrap box needs emptying but its empty. Harness have been cut appart and made no difference. Thinking of adding some ferrites cores near-mid and end of harness for Scrap box full sensor. (If there is such small ones)

Apologies COPYDOCAZ for hijakcing your thread. But it might be relevant :)

Custom Search