PDA

View Full Version : Office 2000, Word stapler issue with Minolta Pi-5501 + FN-105.

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Office 2000, Word stapler issue with Minolta Pi-5501 + FN-105. A Minolta Di-450 with a Pi-5501 embedded controller can staple documents as long as it are multipage copies (doublesided or not doesn't matter) from Word 2000 with the FN-105 finisher. Also multiprints of that multipage document can be stapled fine without any issues. However when printing a "Mail-Merge-Letter" (I think its called so in English), meaning a Word document containing individual names and addresses merged into that Word document out of a database such as Excel, it cannot be stapled although that Word document has more than one pages. I tried all thinkable setting and several drivers as well but no way. I recall remotely that in the past I've heard about such issues with Word. Question: Is it indeed a Word based problem or could it be the driver/settings of the machine too. Any workarounds known please? Hans

random
09-01-2008, 12:39 AM
This is definatly a word problem. You will need a macro in word to fix this.

Hansoon
09-01-2008, 05:56 AM
This is definatly a word problem. You will need a macro in word to fix this.

Thanks, what macro? Hans

random
09-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't have it I have seen it. It will send down multiple jobs rather than one big one.

WaveyDavey
09-01-2008, 02:14 PM
this is what you want

This macro should be copied into normal.dot document, then save and reopen word. To
do this, with word open select alt – f11, this will bring the Microsoft Visual
Basic window up. On the left side of the window there will be an area called
“Normal” with a plus sign next to it. Click on the plus sign, then click the plus
sign next to Microsoft Word Objects and double click on thisdocument. This will open
a blank window to the right. Copy and past everything in the txt document from Sub
split() to End sub into this window. Save and reopen Word. Add a macro button to
the tool bar. The printer you want to print to must be configured for the finishing
function you want and the printer must be set as default. This macro runs on how
many sections are in the original document. This number is denoted in the bottom
status bar of the word window by the word Sec. Run the mail merge so you have one
large document with all the records included. Now run the macro, a message box will
appear asking you how many sections are in the original document. Once answered each
record will be sent to the default printer using the default settings of that
printer. Please make sure that your Macro security is set to Low, this will allow
macros to run in side the word application.
Sub split()
'
' split Macro
' Macro recorded 2/17/2003 by Bob Felch
Dim pager As String
Dim y As Integer
Dim z As Integer
Dim P As Integer ' how many pages this equals how many sections
Dim R As Integer ' this equals how many records
P = InputBox("How many sections are in original template document")
z = (ActiveDocument.Sections.Count) - 1
R = z / P
For x = 1 To z Step P
y = x + (P - 1)
pager = "s" & x & "-" & "s" & y
Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:=pager, PageType:= _
wdPrintAllPages, Collate:=True, Background:=True, PrintToFile:=False, _
PrintZoomColumn:=0, PrintZoomRow:=0, PrintZoomPaperWidth:=0, _
PrintZoomPaperHeight:=0
Next x
End Sub
Page

WaveyDavey
09-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I have had different results with Word 2007 so beware

Hansoon
09-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks WaveyDavey, wow, that looks good. Will try it tomorrow at the customers place and let you know. Thanks again. Hans

Hansoon
09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
It worked. Thanks so much Wavey Davey. Hans

Custom Search