PDA

View Full Version : 2257

Custom Search

paulrid
10-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Hi all,
just really after any info for the code c2257 on the c452/552/652 range. I've looked around here but there isn't as much info as I thought there would be as I see it on nearly all the machines, if not when they are working but in the service call history. We have had to swap machines where changing ITB, waste toner and cleaning sensors didn't work. I haven't tried changing m38 as it looks a big job but if someone says that's defiantly the problem then that's what I'll have to do :)
any info much appreciated.
Thanks paul.

ncbabak
10-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Hi
1-Check ICP18 on PRCB
2- Check PRCB
:cool:

paulrid
10-18-2017, 08:38 PM
Hi
1-Check ICP18 on PRCB
2- Check PRCB

many thanks for the quick response but stupid question time, what exactly do you mean by check? :)

Should have said currently i I have a c452 which can go for a week with little or no codes but then have 4 or 5 in a day, reboot and it starts going again but as you can imagine customer isn't very happy.

paul.

blackcat4866
10-18-2017, 08:52 PM
Hi
1-Check ICP18 on PRCB
2- Check PRCB

I can help on the first half. ICP18 is a microscopic soldered-on fuse on the PRCB. It will be labeled. A good fuse will have 0 ohms resistance. I've heard some tech claim that they can solder in new ICPs but my soldering skills are not up to the task. =^..^=

paulrid
10-18-2017, 08:56 PM
I can help on the first half. ICP18 is a microscopic soldered-on fuse on the PRCB. It will be labeled. A good fuse will have 0 ohms resistance. I've heard some tech claim that they can solder in new ICPs but my soldering skills are not up to the task. =^..^=

thanks blackcat but I'm with you, don't think I'll be trying that 30 years ago perhaps :p

Woxner
10-18-2017, 10:21 PM
if the codes are random and rebooting first update firmware. make sure the power is not surging. could be cleaning motor. if its not a hard fault and comes and goes it cant be the ICP. could be a bad PRCB.

allan
10-19-2017, 06:18 AM

Jip this could go bad quickly. Trick is not to remove the old one but to to solder it on next to it or on top of the bad one.
Use a super clean super fine tip and a flux pen. I change out dev and drum chip fuses from time to time.

paulrid
10-19-2017, 07:45 AM
if the codes are random and rebooting first update firmware. make sure the power is not surging. could be cleaning motor. if its not a hard fault and comes and goes it cant be the ICP. could be a bad PRCB.

Must admit I haven't updated firmware so I'll give that ago next time I'm there :)
many thanks for the reply
paul.

B0265
10-19-2017, 07:58 AM
Are you using OEM toner? I have seen this caused by bad toner.

paulrid
10-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Are you using OEM toner? I have seen this caused by bad toner.

i'm not using OEM toner never have done in all my machines, I know people will stay clear but it's never caused me any problems.
paul.

B0265
10-19-2017, 12:56 PM
i'm not using OEM toner never have done in all my machines, I know people will stay clear but it's never caused me any problems.
paul.

I think it has now.

REGSIS
10-19-2017, 02:32 PM
many thanks for the quick response but stupid question time, what exactly do you mean by check? :)

Should have said currently i I have a c452 which can go for a week with little or no codes but then have 4 or 5 in a day, reboot and it starts going again but as you can imagine customer isn't very happy.

paul.

To me it sounds like a motor problem.
I had similar issue with developing motor and fuser motor (on different models) but pattern was the same (code once a month or every few days...). After replacement dode didn't come back any more.

B0265
10-20-2017, 02:46 PM
The typical problem we saw when the customers was using non-OEM toner was that the machines would throw the code in the morning. I think the friction of the cleaning roller was to high when the machine was cold inside.
This problem went away after convincing the customer to use OEM toner.

paulrid
10-20-2017, 03:18 PM
The typical problem we saw when the customers was using non-OEM toner was that the machines would throw the code in the morning. I think the friction of the cleaning roller was to high when the machine was cold inside.
This problem went away after convincing the customer to use OEM toner.

worth a try but we don't have this problem on other machines :confused:

copier tech
10-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Id replace the DV unit & drum if life expirered or close.

CodeC2557
DescriptionAbnormally low toner density detected black TCR sensor
• When sampling data is determined in TC ratio calculation control, TCR sensor output is higher than a predetermined value for a predetermined number of times in a row even though there is toner in the sub hopper. Hi

paulrid
10-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Id replace the DV unit & drum if life expirered or close.

Code

C2557
Description

Abnormally low toner density detected black TCR sensor
• When sampling data is determined in TC ratio calculation control, TCR sensor output is higher than a predetermined value for a predetermined number of times in a row even though there is toner in the sub hopper. Hi

Thanks but the code I have is c2257 not c2557 I wish it was that easy :)

copier tech
10-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Thanks but the code I have is c2257 not c2557 I wish it was that easy :)

My bad, I may need glasses now 👓

Tech Helpdesk
10-23-2017, 12:40 PM
The transfer belt cleaning motor M38 or drive is beginning to fail or blown ICP18
Clean out all of the tbu waste system and try again.

Regards

paul.

Custom Search