PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 750 lockup

Custom Search

cod4
09-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I have a bizhub 750 that intermittantly when a print job is sent the op's panel locks up with the data light on. The only way to reset is to sw the mc off/on.
Also i have noticed that when i plug the network cable in the data light comes on even tho there are no jobs in the queue??

I have reloaded firmware, drivers, main board, novram still no joy

Any ideas?? :(

Haroldbfix
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I have a bizhub 750 that intermittantly when a print job is sent the op's panel locks up with the data light on. The only way to reset is to sw the mc off/on.
Also i have noticed that when i plug the network cable in the data light comes on even tho there are no jobs in the queue??

I have reloaded firmware, drivers, main board, novram still no joy

Any ideas?? :(

I heard that the Hard Drive can cause this problem, however I personally havent had this issue.

RockETop
09-03-2008, 03:43 AM
I've had this, but also with C-2804 codes. First I vacuumed out the process unit with care given to the TCSB. It came back in a week or two. I then replaced the TCSB. It came back again.

I also noticed that when I would go into Tech Rep Mode, it would hang until I opened and closed the front door.

I replaced the DCPS and all has been well since.

BTW, this account has had really crappy power, 72V H-N sags and 13V N-G swells. For minutes in some cases.

RET

cod4
09-03-2008, 11:45 AM
The machine has no HDD installed but i will investigate the DCPS. Thanks for your help guys, i'll let you know if i get to the bottom of it.

Keep fighting the good fight !!!

pepper38_cnd
09-04-2008, 01:54 AM
RockETop

Could you be more specific about what part you replaced, maybe a part number there a several references to DCPS ( DC Power Supply's ).
I have 2 Bizhub 600's that are constantly locking up, mostly when printing faxes, we have been chasing our tails replacing HD,s and fax boards, changing firmware, reseating connectors... If you have the solution, you will be a life saver, I have 2 weeks to have these 2 units problem free or we get them back.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

cod4
09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks for all your help on this guys, I finally managed to sort it out, as a last resort i changed the two flashcards (i was told to always change as a pair).

After that I sat on the machine for about 3 hours sending print and copy jobs pretty non stop and it never hung again.

RockETop
09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
RockETop

Could you be more specific about what part you replaced, maybe a part number there a several references to DCPS ( DC Power Supply's ).
I have 2 Bizhub 600's that are constantly locking up, mostly when printing faxes, we have been chasing our tails replacing HD,s and fax boards, changing firmware, reseating connectors... If you have the solution, you will be a life saver, I have 2 weeks to have these 2 units problem free or we get them back.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

57AE84511 for destination B

Gergő
09-04-2008, 08:56 PM
HI,

I had this problem too. I tried to write the CF cards, but it didn't work.
Finally we changed the CF for new one, but only one. It is still working perfectly.
Sorry I don't know wich card did I replaced, but I can tell you tomorrow.

Maybe it can be written with Firmware Imaging Toolkit.

Downunder
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Had a similar fault so we placed a power monitor on the site for a week and lots of fluctuations... put and expensive power surge protector on and fault gone.

mitchl
09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I see power mentioned numerous times here or a lack there of. I just started doing business with a power protection company that will loan you line monitors so if anyone is interested PM me and I'll get you the Reps name and number!

Custom Search