PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub c203

Custom Search

tcypy1961
10-24-2017, 11:52 PM
What would cause these error codes on the copier listed above (P-21, P-9, P-5), and the quality issues with the following pictures?

Woxner
10-25-2017, 03:19 AM
what is the transfer belt age and drums. did you run intialize and reset and clean the two color reg sensors. and what have you done.

tcypy1961
10-25-2017, 05:43 AM
what is the transfer belt age and drums. did you run intialize and reset and clean the two color reg sensors. and what have you done.

This was my second time on this copier for this problem. The first call was for black copies however upon arrival copier was working fine only work I performed was resetting a bracket that was preventing duplex copying that was a month ago. (The copier had been in storage for 2 years). After a month the copiers problem came back. Not a lover of color machines I first pulled all the developing units could not see anything that appeared to be the cause cleaned the coronas and slit glasses. I then noticed the oil can and the first of the 3 codes P-21, P-5 came next. I then called hytec and was told 3 possible causes transfer belt, print control PCB, high voltage PCB.
I inspected the transfer belt and found a sheet of paper that had been on top of the transfer belt. Removed the paper looked at the transfer belt and without having seen a new one based on my experience of drums it looks worn. (this copier was purchased as a refurb, what was refurbed not sure) . I ck'd the IC's on the print control PCB for continuity all ck'd good. I don't have a manual for this copier and don't want to invest in one if this is going to be an expensive repair (customer is not wanting to put a lot of money into the copier) . I don't work on konicas more ricoh Kyocera so I don't know how to access special functions to try any adjustments. I did notice that almost 5000copies had been made since I was last there. The p-9 came after cking the circuit board. Thanks!!!

copier addict
10-25-2017, 05:27 PM
This was my second time on this copier for this problem. The first call was for black copies however upon arrival copier was working fine only work I performed was resetting a bracket that was preventing duplex copying that was a month ago. (The copier had been in storage for 2 years). After a month the copiers problem came back. Not a lover of color machines I first pulled all the developing units could not see anything that appeared to be the cause cleaned the coronas and slit glasses. I then noticed the oil can and the first of the 3 codes P-21, P-5 came next. I then called hytec and was told 3 possible causes transfer belt, print control PCB, high voltage PCB.
I inspected the transfer belt and found a sheet of paper that had been on top of the transfer belt. Removed the paper looked at the transfer belt and without having seen a new one based on my experience of drums it looks worn. (this copier was purchased as a refurb, what was refurbed not sure) . I ck'd the IC's on the print control PCB for continuity all ck'd good. I don't have a manual for this copier and don't want to invest in one if this is going to be an expensive repair (customer is not wanting to put a lot of money into the copier) . I don't work on konicas more ricoh Kyocera so I don't know how to access special functions to try any adjustments. I did notice that almost 5000copies had been made since I was last there. The p-9 came after cking the circuit board. Thanks!!!

P-9 is a black IU failure code. P-21 is a test patch failure, which could be caused by the black IU failure. P-5 is related to the front IDC sensor, these sensors are on the right side under the transfer belt, clean it. The belt must be removed to access the IDC sensor.
The black IUs on these machines are known to fail early. so, I would replace the black IU and clean the IDC sensors.

habik
10-25-2017, 10:20 PM
You can go to administrator settings and expert adjustments and do stabilisation and gradation there if you don't have access to Service mode.
Do this after you have replaced the Bk IU.
How old is the belt? You can print consumables list and there it shows you what count they at all units.

Hope that helped.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Custom Search