PDA

View Full Version : Konica Biz Hub 600 jams from drawer # 1 on horizontal above drawer # 2

Custom Search

tonerjockey
10-26-2017, 12:08 AM
Hi Guys.
It seems to only jam from drawer 1 in the horizontal transport conveyor above drawer 2. usually only a paper there that is partly coming out of that. I cleaned the feed rollers, then swapped the feeders with drawer 1. same thing.
Cleaned the horizontal conveyor rollers, then swapped the two horizontal feed clutches to see if it would stop at a different place. no.
Blew out the two paper sensors above that conveyor.

I cant remember ever having a paper sensor go bad in these, but i can see anything else causing this.

Sometimes there is also paper on the main transport drawer in mainframe, with the lead edge just past the registration roller.

I have checked the jam codes, and they are all 1701, registration jam and 1702 tray 1 horizontal conveyance jam for these two locations. maybe i should be looking at the reg sensor, but most usually there paper is in the 1702 location.

If anyone had dealt with this issue, or has any suggestions, i would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much, again, Jim

copier addict
10-26-2017, 01:22 AM
Hi Guys.
It seems to only jam from drawer 1 in the horizontal transport conveyor above drawer 2. usually only a paper there that is partly coming out of that. I cleaned the feed rollers, then swapped the feeders with drawer 1. same thing.
Cleaned the horizontal conveyor rollers, then swapped the two horizontal feed clutches to see if it would stop at a different place. no.
Blew out the two paper sensors above that conveyor.

I cant remember ever having a paper sensor go bad in these, but i can see anything else causing this.

Sometimes there is also paper on the main transport drawer in mainframe, with the lead edge just past the registration roller.

I have checked the jam codes, and they are all 1701, registration jam and 1702 tray 1 horizontal conveyance jam for these two locations. maybe i should be looking at the reg sensor, but most usually there paper is in the 1702 location.

If anyone had dealt with this issue, or has any suggestions, i would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much, again, Jim

I remember having to shim down the sensors above the transport section with a folded up piece of paper

tonerjockey
10-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Thank you aging tech.
well, that would totally explain the stopping there, and also my question if those sensors go bad.
but how on earth did you manage to shim them. this machine is just far enough from a desk to allow the big transport and fuser to come out. i had to open the drawers 1 and 2 and lay under them to get at stuff. i guess i will take both drawers out if need be. and yes, shims would be so much easier, as i don't have to remove the screws.

thank you so much. i will give it a try. (darn things.) Have a very nice day, Jim

copier addict
10-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Thank you aging tech.
well, that would totally explain the stopping there, and also my question if those sensors go bad.
but how on earth did you manage to shim them. this machine is just far enough from a desk to allow the big transport and fuser to come out. i had to open the drawers 1 and 2 and lay under them to get at stuff. i guess i will take both drawers out if need be. and yes, shims would be so much easier, as i don't have to remove the screws.

thank you so much. i will give it a try. (darn things.) Have a very nice day, Jim

I think I remember removing the right hand vertical section and coming at it that way. It has been quite a while since I worked on one of these.

tech51
10-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Ive had the couplings on that unit round off causing this type of jam. Might be worth taking the conveyance out and checking them.

copyman
10-26-2017, 06:21 PM
I've had that same issue many times. Unfortunately I was never able to completely eliminate jamming from tray 1. Many of my customers that had that series, 600/601/750/751 eventually ended up using only tray 4. Than I added the side LCC to most of them and they ran fine until I upgraded them to a Biz 654 and a few to the Biz 454/554 B&W, Troubles over!

If you are going to be working on those models add the 4000 sheet side LCC. You can get them cheap from wholesalers before they go to scrap yard.

As I have mentioned a few times on this forum that series is in my top 10 worst machines in 40 yrs in this biz. If they are going to call a machine a "production" model at least have it feed paper reliably !!!! K/M had us techs suffer 10 years with that jamming - toner pig !!!!

Sorry for the rant. Every time I hear of something with that machine it brings back bad memories.

tonerjockey
10-26-2017, 09:50 PM
Hi Tech51. yes, i had it out and the couplers look fine. as does everything on that assembly.

Copyman, wow, thanks. i just thought it was me. each drawer must have over a dozen separate clutches to get the paper from the drawer to the transport. and then another 50 to get it out to exit.
i have another that always has me spending hours trying to figure out what now. thankfully the feeders interchange, so it helps eliminate things quickly. but some things don't lend themselves to swap out in short order. i wonder what they were thinking.
and there was a big unit prior to this one, that if you took the drum unit out of the machine to do anything, even to change drum, blade and dev, it would have background or streaks for a day.

as for the HCC 4000 sheet side feeder, they had one, and one day it self destructed. looked like the drive didn't turn off and every pulley was broken, every pulley support bracket was way bent. they tossed it, as they didn't have the space for it anyway.

did you mean to pull off the right side door, and remove a section? i may just go in and lay in that small spot again, and either shim it, or get a panic attach. he-he.

thanks guys. i do really appreciate your expertise, and old horror stories. Jim

tonerjockey
10-26-2017, 09:53 PM
sorry, i meant to thank copier addict also. i wrote the wrong name i think. sorry.

Custom Search