PDA

View Full Version : Black print smudging before fusing - pics attached

Custom Search

weskes
10-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Hey guys having a problem I've never seen before I'm having an issue on my c6500 where the black seems to be smudging or looks burry, no other colors are doing this, I've swapped developer units and reseated the drum unit... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as to what might be causing this. Pics attached, one showing the full 12x18 sheet and where the smudging is occuring, one close up of a bad print and for comparison one copy of a good print

habik
10-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Hey guys having a problem I've never seen before I'm having an issue on my c6500 where the black seems to be smudging or looks burry, no other colors are doing this, I've swapped developer units and reseated the drum unit... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as to what might be causing this. Pics attachedDon't do 6500 but there's no pics attached.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

copier addict
10-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Don't do 6500 but there's no pics attached.

Lol. Maybe they are attached to the C6500. :cool:

weskes
10-30-2017, 06:47 PM

for some reason it wasn't allowing my to upload the pics from my phone, had to open them then resave on the laptop, but pics are posted now

habik
10-30-2017, 08:54 PM
Is it repetitive per rotation of drum or Dev or transfer roller length?
I don't have the service manual on hand to check.

What kind of paper is that? Plain?

Phil B.
10-30-2017, 08:58 PM

maybe your phone isn't showing them... but the thumbnails are there...

it looks like the paper has a 'shake' in it... check transport

weskes
10-30-2017, 10:15 PM
Is it repetitive per rotation of drum or Dev or transfer roller length?
I don't have the service manual on hand to check.

What kind of paper is that? Plain?

It doesn't seem repetitive, it's I'm the same places on every sheet going with the paper feed direction, that is hammermill 136gsm plain cover

weskes
10-30-2017, 10:19 PM
maybe your phone isn't showing them... but the thumbnails are there...

it looks like the paper has a 'shake' in it... check transport
The thing about it is it seems like it's only on the black, when printing the other colors look good and stay where that are in comparison to the black, just for certainty I'll print this same card dyed 100% cyan then 100% magenta and finally 100 yellow first thing in the am

mircea
11-07-2017, 08:45 AM
The thing about it is it seems like it's only on the black, when printing the other colors look good and stay where that are in comparison to the black, just for certainty I'll print this same card dyed 100% cyan then 100% magenta and finally 100 yellow first thing in the am

Check the transfer roller b4 the fusing unit and try to take it out and clean it... There is a small motor that should lift that roller and sometimes one of the motor teeths gets broken and it jumps one step... you can start there.. if not..just check the transfer belt for any dmg..and also the rollers inside the transfer belt unit.
Best of luck

weskes
12-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Check the transfer roller b4 the fusing unit and try to take it out and clean it... There is a small motor that should lift that roller and sometimes one of the motor teeths gets broken and it jumps one step... you can start there.. if not..just check the transfer belt for any dmg..and also the rollers inside the transfer belt unit.
Best of luck

Still no luck with this machine, Not thinking its the transfer roller (which checked out just fine) since that would smudge all the way across the sheet left to right, not just an inch section at 2 different points that go the same way as the feed direction... any other guesses would be greatly appreciated guys

Custom Search