PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C1070 With a C3511

Custom Search

kenpio
10-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Okay I have a C1070. This is the one that I had shredding fuser belts. Well we got a new fuser and had alot of trouble with that not warming up and then KM came in and switched some DIPSWs and has been working very well until about 3 weeks ago. It started to shred a belt. I replaced it with bearings and bushings and that lasted 4k and it ripped it up. I replaced it again along with both rollers and that lasted 85K. I went down to replace that belt and now I am having a C-3511 code and it wont come to ready. Spoke with KM and they said to replace TH1 and TH2. Well I did that and I still have the code. They said to replace the lamp and TH3, well TH3 is backordered till when ever. Well I put the lamp in and as soon as I started the machine it came up with a C-3511. So I tried to "adjust" TH2 a little closer to the fuser and now the machine just sits there warming up. I can watch the lamps turn off and on. I go into the I/O mode and go to 45-0 and watch the temp go up to 205 or so and it regulates there. I go to 45-1 and it will go up to about 105. 45-3 will go up to about 100. I watched it warm up for about 10 minutes. I am at a loss on what to next. This customer has been down for a little over a week. Any ideas?

Thanks
KEN

Synthohol
10-31-2017, 02:56 PM
did you use the jigs for proper distance from roller?

A50UPJG300
Positioning Jig /C (Temp Sensor)

A50UPJG100
A50UPJG200
Positioning Jig /A (TS1/2)
Positioning Jig /B (TS3)

kenpio
11-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Okay I guess that I have to learn the KISS method!! Keep It Simple Stupid!! Well I was getting desperate and looking at things and the I decided to check for continuity at the connector on the back of the fuser through the lamps and TADA!!! There was continuity through one of the lamps, but not the other two!! So I checked the thermostat and it was open. So I replaced the thermostat and we were up and running.

The other problem that I have with this dam machine is that it is shredding the $433 fuser belt! I now have 3 of them on my bench! I will warranty them, but now I am gun shy of the thing doing it again. Today I got 44k and then it ripped. It is moving towards the back of the machine. I had another belt. I did switch the tension springs just to see what happens. I don't know if I have to order new springs or what needs to be done? Any thoughts?

Thanks
KEN

kenpio
11-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Just an update on the amazing C1070 belt shredder. Well I was at the customer and looking at the fuser. The gap was not even from one side to the other. The one side of the press roller was able to move up and down very easy, but the front side I was not able to move it at all. So I was looking at the fuser and I found a red screw in the front. I think this was a packing screw. I went to take the screw out and I broke the head off. So I turned the screw into the machine where it was free. So now both side of the press roller were free to move up and down and the gap was even between the press and fuser roller. I replaced the fuser belt and it has been running since Thursday. This the longest that it has been running with out ripping up a belt. So my question is that, why did it take a year for this to start happening? I thought it to be a long time for this to start happening. I will e-mail the customer today to see if all is well. Just thought that I would let every one know.

Thanks
KEN

Issac-brock
06-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Just an update on the amazing C1070 belt shredder. Well I was at the customer and looking at the fuser. The gap was not even from one side to the other. The one side of the press roller was able to move up and down very easy, but the front side I was not able to move it at all. So I was looking at the fuser and I found a red screw in the front. I think this was a packing screw. I went to take the screw out and I broke the head off. So I turned the screw into the machine where it was free. So now both side of the press roller were free to move up and down and the gap was even between the press and fuser roller. I replaced the fuser belt and it has been running since Thursday. This the longest that it has been running with out ripping up a belt. So my question is that, why did it take a year for this to start happening? I thought it to be a long time for this to start happening. I will e-mail the customer today to see if all is well. Just thought that I would let every one know.

Thanks
KEN

Yes the red screws come on replacement fusers with no instructions to remove them, had similar issues with both screws in causing poor fusing.

Thanks for the KISS, had a warming up issue after a 3911code, replaced th1 which cleared the code then warming up forever. Found the issue after reading this post, glob of melted synthetic paper on thermostat. Replaced it with a used c7000 part for now and it warms up to ready. Odd no code for long warmup time.

blackcat4866
06-08-2019, 12:06 AM
Just to throw my two cents in, you can get the foam roller installed backwards, but the wider gear does not clear very well in the front, giving uneven pressure. The reason I caught it was that the gear in the rear broke. When I ordered the replacement rear gear it didn't fit, it was too wide. It was the correct gear for the rear ... but the rear was in the front. I should have known because it's the front gear by the handle that usually breaks.

Congratulations on catching your uneven pressure issue. =^,,^=

Custom Search