PDA

View Full Version : konica 7033 7040

Custom Search

rbell12
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
frequent failure of ADU reversing motor at fuser exit on different machines. any info on why they fail so often. 4-5 failures over the last 12 months.
Thanks

DelawareJim
09-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I've replaced quite a few also. If you take one of the motors apart, you will find very fine grainy metal particles that are stuck to the magnetic part of the motor. This metal is preventing the motor from turning freely. In a pinch, I have cleaned the metal filings off (using a vacuum cleaner and stiff bristle brush) and was able to reinstall the motor temporarily. The cause I would guess is that first of all, these models are close to 10 years old and that motor has to slam forward and then slam into reverse direction every time a copy exits. Over time, the metal filings accumulate and the motor stops turning. I've seen this at 450K all the way up to 1.5M.

redime
09-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Where exactly is it failing?

Ive seen those little rollers that are simply floating in the brass holders pop out... also theres a roller right in that area there that needs to have the screw tightened - for the first time you pop the rear panel off, its down and to the right in the machine. Line it up with the panel, and you can drill a hole in the back panel so you dont have to remove it.

Those are two simple things that are easily missed

Haroldbfix
09-03-2008, 04:33 AM
frequent failure of ADU reversing motor at fuser exit on different machines. any info on why they fail so often. 4-5 failures over the last 12 months.
Thanks

The exit/inversion unit has a 24vdc interlock micro switch that will fail and cut the 24vdc to the motor. I use to see this all the time. Replace the switch that should take care of it especially on a machine that has already had a motor replacement. Also it was common to find alot of play around the exit/inversion door. as a result the switch would intermittently open and close during the copy process. So play close attention to that area.

Custom Search