PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 454e

Custom Search

antone
10-31-2017, 08:25 PM
Jam code J 7217 ..finisher FS 533...paper leaves fuser half way into finisher jams!Copier runs all trays with out finisher attached....installed another FS533 finisher same jam code same thing.????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tech51
10-31-2017, 10:06 PM
I had one doing something similar a little while ago. In the end it turned out the main body exit was binding causing a timing error when a finisher was fitted. I stripped & lubed the exit bushes and it's been ok since. Might be worth a try since you've already eliminated the finisher itself.

antone
11-02-2017, 01:11 PM
I had one doing something similar a little while ago. In the end it turned out the main body exit was binding causing a timing error when a finisher was fitted. I stripped & lubed the exit bushes and it's been ok since. Might be worth a try since you've already eliminated the finisher itself.Tech51 ....this the internal finisher...paper never exists at all

tech51
11-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Tech51 ....this the internal finisher...paper never exists at all

I know it's the internal finisher, so was mine.
If you read my post properly you will see I was referring to the main body exit, not the finisher exit.
As I said it's not a definite fix, just something to try....

antone
11-02-2017, 07:04 PM
I know it's the internal finisher, so was mine.
If you read my post properly you will see I was referring to the main body exit, not the finisher exit.
As I said it's not a definite fix, just something to try....Got ya ....will do ...

kingarthur
11-03-2017, 09:35 AM
I had one doing something similar a little while ago. In the end it turned out the main body exit was binding causing a timing error when a finisher was fitted. I stripped & lubed the exit bushes and it's been ok since. Might be worth a try since you've already eliminated the finisher itself.

There's a bulletin about doing this to fix the problem, the only thing that worked was using "dry surf", i stripped it a few times and used different lubricants, until i tried the "dry surf"

tech51
11-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Did you ever resolve this Antone?

I would be interested to know what you found.

Thanks..

tech51
11-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Just following up on this. I followed a tech in on this exact problem today. He had also run the finisher on a different machine with no fault but couldn't make it work on site.
I stripped & lubed the main body exit and then ran 500+ prints with no further issues. It confirms my theory that its a timing error between the main body exit & the finisher unit.
Hope this info is useful to someone in the future.

Regards....

blackcat4866
11-11-2017, 02:39 AM
What jam codes? I have a FS-533 in my trunk that was making 72-17 jams today. =^..^=

tech51
11-12-2017, 06:14 PM
J7217 and sometimes j7219. I've only had it happen when fitted to a C454e. I'm guessing the extra speed causes the timing issue.

Regards...

blackcat4866
11-14-2017, 12:22 AM
I spent 4 hours with this FS-533 today and took it to down the frames. Everything turns freely. There was none of the heavy tar-like black grease that the Toshiba internal finishers have. About the only thing I could identify was the timing was off on the upper exit roller lift. Naturally there is no explanation of the timing marks on the gears. But in the Theory Of Operation FS-533 section there are some good illustrations, and if you blow them up to 400% you can see the marks.

Once reassembled I ran 750 pages through the finisher on our in-shop 284e, so I had that really good feeling. When I took it out to the customers location it jammed on the very first page. If you duplex, the first side passes, then jams the duplexed image in the stapling tray every time. Still J72-17.

As plans go, I could take the other internal finisher out to the customers location to see if it jams too. Or I could order an MFPB.

BluaboardTwice
11-16-2017, 05:27 AM
I spent 4 hours with this FS-533 today and took it to down the frames. Everything turns freely. There was none of the heavy tar-like black grease that the Toshiba internal finishers have. About the only thing I could identify was the timing was off on the upper exit roller lift. Naturally there is no explanation of the timing marks on the gears. But in the Theory Of Operation FS-533 section there are some good illustrations, and if you blow them up to 400% you can see the marks.

Once reassembled I ran 750 pages through the finisher on our in-shop 284e, so I had that really good feeling. When I took it out to the customers location it jammed on the very first page. If you duplex, the first side passes, then jams the duplexed image in the stapling tray every time. Still J72-17.

As plans go, I could take the other internal finisher out to the customers location to see if it jams too. Or I could order an MFPB.

i have this problem currently on a c454e. I actually swapped out a finisher from a different machine and still got first page jam 721-17. and old finisher works fine on another machine. My theory is the fusing unit exit sensor or rotation of fusing unit is failing causing timing to off when it gets to the finisher. I wouldnt change MFP until i change the fusing unit fusing motor, and paper exit assembly. Those parts cost way less and easier to get. Ill update when change fusing unit.

kingarthur
11-16-2017, 08:50 AM

It's the machine exit that's the problem, nothing to do with the FNS , there's a tech bulletin TAGB1600344EN, that tells you what to do, i try a couple of times to strip/lube it, it only worked when I used drysurf

BluaboardTwice
11-16-2017, 01:08 PM
It's the machine exit that's the problem, nothing to do with the FNS , there's a tech bulletin TAGB1600344EN, that tells you what to do, i try a couple of times to strip/lube it, it only worked when I used drysurf.

I dont see that bulletin anywhere but ill keep looking.

D_L_P
11-16-2017, 01:25 PM
I spent 4 hours with this FS-533 today and took it to down the frames.

Taking one of those down to the frame is no easy task. Reminds me of the old analog days when repairs were incredibly labor intensive. You were faster than me at 4 hrs.
The time I tore one down to the frame for a jamming issue all I could come up with was a sticky solenoid plunger. It was the one below everything near the bottom frame. Don't think it was the same jam code as the one in this thread.

blackcat4866
11-17-2017, 12:05 AM
I just heard the solution to this one:

It turned out to be drive resistance in the fuser drive. If set to Thick media type, the engine slows down enough to pass several hundred pages without a hitch. Our tech cleaned and lubricated the fuser drive pack.

Maybe this will help someone. =^..^=

onlynamenotused
02-14-2018, 04:47 AM
Possibly another occurrence of this issue. We swapped a FS533 from a 454e to a c284. Since the finisher swap the C284 with a FS533 fitted will jam every page in the finisher when printing long edge first, short edge first doesn't jam.

Removed the finisher and tested in the workshop on another C284, no problem. Both short/long edge print fine.

Reinstall the FS-533 at customer site and it jams every page still.

kingarthur
02-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Possibly another occurrence of this issue. We swapped a FS533 from a 454e to a c284. Since the finisher swap the C284 with a FS533 fitted will jam every page in the finisher when printing long edge first, short edge first doesn't jam.

Removed the finisher and tested in the workshop on another C284, no problem. Both short/long edge print fine.

Reinstall the FS-533 at customer site and it jams every page still.

Read my earlier post.......It's the machine exit that's the problem, nothing to do with the FNS , there's a tech bulletin TAGB1600344EN, that tells you what to do, i tried a couple of times to strip/lube it, it only worked when I used drysurf

Custom Search