PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-251f, rebooting during scanning faxing

Custom Search

Hansoon
09-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Minolta Di-251f, rebooting during scanning faxing.

Sometimes, under unknown conditions, machine breaks off scanning and does a reboot. Until now this happens only with scan to FTP or e-mail or when using the fax option. With copying through the ADF it never occurred until now. Changed the machine and controller memory already without any improvement. Glassfiber conductors are routed properly without narrow bends.

Any hints where to look? The MFB2 board perhaps?

Hans

WaveyDavey
09-03-2008, 09:55 AM
reboot should meen it shows an abort code?
MFB2 is probably the culprit try disconnecting all items on MFB2 aqnd reconnecting again they were pretty sensitive on the connectors IIRC

fixthecopier
09-03-2008, 11:32 AM
If you are getting an abort code and the last digets on the top number are 652, you could have a bad scanner motor. Not hard to change, so try swapping it. Also check where the scanner rides for some obstrucion, and scanner locks also.

Hansoon
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the input guys. No its not an abort code, it just goes down as if using the warm restart button (pinhole) it also shows the dot in the left side of the display when doing this. I replaced already the Power Unit but the problem stays.

Hans

fixthecopier
09-04-2008, 12:01 AM
If it does not happen all the time, it sounds like a short or pinch wire. Check the scanner wires that move for a pinch, next I would change the MFB, I have had them go bad for different reasons.

Custom Search