PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 951 finisher.

Custom Search

tech51
11-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Hi all. I have a problem with a fs532 as fitted to a 951.

When the main exit tray fills to capacity, the please empty main tray message shows on the panel. However after removing the prints, the tray raises, stops at the upper home position, but the message doesn't clear. The only way to clear it is to power cycle the machine but of course the customer loses any queued prints.
So far I've cleaned all the relevant sensors but ran out of time on it.
Has anyone come across this before or can offer me any pointers on it?
Thanks in advance...

antone
11-04-2017, 02:01 AM
Hi all. I have a problem with a fs532 as fitted to a 951.

When the main exit tray fills to capacity, the please empty main tray message shows on the panel. However after removing the prints, the tray raises, stops at the upper home position, but the message doesn't clear. The only way to clear it is to power cycle the machine but of course the customer loses any queued prints.
So far I've cleaned all the relevant sensors but ran out of time on it.
Has anyone come across this before or can offer me any pointers on it?
Thanks in advance...Replace sensor...i had same thing.....i replace just one ...the back side one near control board........took care of problem

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

allan
11-04-2017, 07:03 AM
I would like some one please to shed more light on how this works. i had the same problem.
Tested the all the sensors involved including the photo interrupters and the IR beam.
Observing the customer(visit no 3) i found that they would continuously remove the paper from the elevator tray.
After some time the machine would get the message and the only way to clear it is to cycle the power.
So i asked them to stop there bad behavior and use the button on the finisher to stop the machine before removing the paper.
The problem disappeared after that. So does it count the pages on the tray as well and it does not reset that count when it goes to the upper soft limit?

blackcat4866
11-04-2017, 11:14 PM
I can't confirm all that, but it does count pages. I had one FS-532 that would say that the tray was full, and would not clear when the paper was removed. We discovered that if you open the finisher and remove the remaining pages in the stacker tray, then close it all up, the machine will resume. I can't explain why. There is a lot about this finisher that I don't know. It's left me stumped many times.

If you've ever watch the elevator tray, you've seen that every so many pages the tray goes down/up/down/up. My machine skipped the up's, so it went down/down. Gradually the tray gets too low, and the arms that straighten up the stack cannot reach the paper. Over a period of months I replaced the finisher controller, all the sensors associated with the elevator tray, firmware. Eventually I discovered that the sensors PS14 elevator tray upper limit sensor and PS46 near empty sensor were mis-adjusted. Adjust LED1 and PS14. The sensor should reside towards the top of the slotted opening in the cover at front and back. Observe that the top of the paper stack makes contact with the grippers, no space in-between. Adjust PS46 flag so that it actuates at the same time as PS14 when the tray is empty. Also check that the gripper springs are not broken.

This was one of those problems that took so long to resolve that I can't be sure what I caused and what I fixed. =^..^=

tech51
11-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Thanks for everyones help but Blackcat was spot on. I found the actuater for ps46 was too low. As soon as I adjusted it up a bit the finisher worked as normal, no parts needed at all!!
Thanks once again....

blackcat4866
11-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

Custom Search