PDA

View Full Version : Muratec mfx-2350 (Bizhub 250) need to adjust Vg/Vdc drum charge, dev. bias

Custom Search

Don N.
11-07-2017, 01:03 PM
There are lots of scanner / exposure adjustments in the manual but I have a batch of China drums that are too dark. It needs the main charge reduced. On Bizhubs I reduce density and increase grid voltage in svc mode, plus reduce print density in user mode. This makes a good copy/print. All I found in the Muratec manual is the phrase "the Vg and Vdc can be adjusted in the tech rep mode".
Can't find where...
I'm looking in FEM ver1. It stops at the end of section 5 (p. 5-172 or Adobe page 664)
IS THERE A SEPARATE MANUAL, OR MORE THAT I'M MISSING?

Lighter exposure adjustments and photo mode only get me close, but no cigar.
Thanks!

scanmc
11-07-2017, 03:19 PM
There are lots of scanner / exposure adjustments in the manual but I have a batch of China drums that are too dark. It needs the main charge reduced. On Bizhubs I reduce density and increase grid voltage in svc mode, plus reduce print density in user mode. This makes a good copy/print. All I found in the Muratec manual is the phrase "the Vg and Vdc can be adjusted in the tech rep mode".
Can't find where...
I'm looking in FEM ver1. It stops at the end of section 5 (p. 5-172 or Adobe page 664)
IS THERE A SEPARATE MANUAL, OR MORE THAT I'M MISSING?

Lighter exposure adjustments and photo mode only get me close, but no cigar.
Thanks!

When you say Chinese drums are you referring to third party drums? If so you may want to try a OEM unit to see if that cures your problem. On the Muratec machines I have always used oem drums & dv with no issues. When you change out the drum make sure to change the dv at the same time & run sim 40 & 41 ---- Also check your dv unit for rear bushing wear

Don N.
11-07-2017, 04:06 PM
When you say Chinese drums are you referring to third party drums? If so you may want to try a OEM unit to see if that cures your problem. On the Muratec machines I have always used oem drums & dv with no issues. When you change out the drum make sure to change the dv at the same time & run sim 40 & 41 ---- Also check your dv unit for rear bushing wear

Thanks scanmc

I'm very familiar with bizhub 200/250/350 image units/replacing, calibrating. Yes, I'm buying chinese drums and we got a batch that runs darker than usual.
In a bizhub, I can adjust grid voltage & print density in svc mode. Done it 50~100 times to accommodate these darker drums. Just CANT FIND IT IN MY MURATEC MANUAL! ARRRG! I think my manual is just a partial/incomplete.

I'm going back with an oem drum. It's a charitable & I'd like to keep our/their cost down.
Thanks for replying!

Don N.
11-08-2017, 01:04 AM
For now, I returned with a Katun drum that always looks OEM quality. I'd still love a full service manual if anyone has one that goes past p. 5-172 or Adobe page 664, or if there's a second manual other than the FEM ver1.

scanmc
11-08-2017, 03:28 PM
For now, I returned with a Katun drum that always looks OEM quality. I'd still love a full service manual if anyone has one that goes past p. 5-172 or Adobe page 664, or if there's a second manual other than the FEM ver1.

Just looked at my manual and its the same

Custom Search