PDA

View Full Version : DI 2510

Custom Search

Gab
11-12-2017, 11:13 PM
ADD toner message. MAchine turns toner bottle. EWhen it turns toner bottle it doesn't sound as it normally is.
Do i have to check the toner add mechanism or something else?

srvctec
11-12-2017, 11:25 PM
First check that the bottle is installed correctly.

Could be bent shaft on toner add drive assembly. There was a bulletin to remedy the issue many years ago. They made the base of the shaft much wider for better support on the frame.

Yes, you'll need to tear it apart to find out what's wrong.

Edit: If it keeps adding toner, the sponge on the toner add solenoid has deteriorated, causing the solenoid to stick. But if this happens, there should also be an overtoned developer code, eventually.

antone
11-13-2017, 02:38 AM
ADD toner message. MAchine turns toner bottle. EWhen it turns toner bottle it doesn't sound as it normally is.
Do i have to check the toner add mechanism or something else?Toner drive gears Assy...broke.....this happens when they jam toner bottle in wrong

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gab
11-14-2017, 09:19 PM
Toner drive gears Assy...broke.....this happens when they jam toner bottle in wrong

Finaly i removed cover and checked gears and toner hopper. I noticed that gears rotate well, the gear that turns toner bottle rotates ok and isn't loose. But the bottle doesnt rotate allthough the gear rotates. And of course message "add toner". Any idea ?

mo0651
11-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Can you see the solenoid fire and release the drive gear for bottle??? There might be a pin thru that gear for drive.

antone
11-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Finaly i removed cover and checked gears and toner hopper. I noticed that gears rotate well, the gear that turns toner bottle rotates ok and isn't loose. But the bottle doesnt rotate allthough the gear rotates. And of course message "add toner". Any idea ?Mark toner bottle....then pull out drum/DV...unit chk...to see if toner is added

Zesti
11-15-2017, 07:08 PM
Chech ur toner bottle. Which one r u using. If that's TN311/211 it will rotate but not feed toner as toner droping hole positions r at different palce.

Gab
11-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Chech ur toner bottle. Which one r u using. If that's TN311/211 it will rotate but not feed toner as toner droping hole positions r at different palce.
I used 2 toner bottles. Both are for 2510 (different manufacturers) Also one is used widely in other (and in this machine) with no problem.
I removed the covers and revealed the toner hopper . MAchine tries to add toner , gears rotate , also the gear that turns toner bottle , turns ok. but toner bottle doesn't. Also i noticed that is dropped around the hole also i see no toner in developer unit hole.

antone
11-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Replace toner drive Assy....99%

brent
11-22-2017, 05:05 AM
antone is right.. I gurantee it is the toner add/ add assembly it might be still available from Minolta.. the machine is several years old now though

brent

Custom Search