PDA

View Full Version : C220 C280 C360 dog ear, bent rear lead edge corner & paper skew RESOLVED!

Custom Search

Don N.
11-13-2017, 10:05 PM
See pics. We adjusted the rt. door on several machines with little lasting effect. Most of the skewed papers and dogears were from the LCT or 2nd, 3rd, 4th trays. Rarely any from tray 1. Always running 11" wide (LEF). Finally installed a small spacer made of 8 layers of scotch tape under the swinging guide in the vert. conveyance section. Might need a more permanent material, but so far, so good.

srvctec
11-13-2017, 10:46 PM
Whenever this happens (dog-earing or skewed prints/copies), I've found it to be a build up of something on the bottom side of that guide. I just scrape or sand it off and it works fine for months until the build up occurs again. I can always feel it when running my fingers along the bottom of it.

Don N.
11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
... yes, as found on fuser guide plates. I found no buildup on these units. Some have only about 100k total. I considered a mylar sheet but I'll re-post if this doesn't last.

blackcat4866
11-14-2017, 01:30 AM
Spacing between Guide M1 and inner pre-registration guide is too tight. I typically use those extra other-language control panel stickers. They're about 0.5mm which is just about right. It's a good long term solution. I've done it many times. =^..^=

Desert Rat
11-15-2017, 11:20 PM
Thank you for posting the solution. It will help me and others I'm sure.

DR

docdot69
11-30-2017, 07:13 PM
Did you all tried to regulate the inner doors with transfer roller unit, and the main doors? i just resolved this issue tih regulating the doors. it has some marks like this |||| right where the screws are, so you can adjust the both doors.

Don N.
11-30-2017, 11:06 PM
Did you all tried to regulate the inner doors with transfer roller unit, and the main doors? i just resolved this issue tih regulating the doors. it has some marks like this |||| right where the screws are, so you can adjust the both doors.
Yes, we adjusted inner & outer hinge plates with some minor success, short term. This, so far, is THE BOMB!

Custom Search