PDA

View Full Version : C451 can't set/change paper tray size

Custom Search

pozar
11-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Good evening all!

Returning after the weekend I'm guessing some of our users poked the wrong thing on our C451 and now I can't set the paper size for tray 2 - it won't use the tray at all right now. It doesn't auto-select the proper size (A4 horizontal) and I don't get the option of inputting the size manually – check the photos.

I wouldn't put it beyond someone to have lost their shit and manhandled the tray, but I can't see anything being off. The tray sliders work as expected and no dents or jams as far as I can tell.

Restarting the machine has done nothing, and I can't see a way to force it to accept a size through software. Any suggestions what I should be looking for?

Cheers
M

mayorg
11-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Open the tray 2 check the back tray and check the sensor

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

pozar
11-14-2017, 04:02 PM
Open the tray 2 check the back tray and check the sensor

Thanks for the quick reply! I looked through the FSM but couldn't find where the tray sensor is located, so I just poked around a bit – jiggling bits and trying different papers and orientations – and after a while it auto recognised the paper size, but asked to "replenish paper". Some more fiddling, and it noticed that there was paper in there and copied.

I'm marking this resolved, but it's really just voodoo at this point.

The service manual doesn't note what I should offer as a sacrifice to keep the printer running. How many human tears would suffice you think?

blackcat4866
11-15-2017, 12:43 AM
The copier gods require a blood sacrifice, preferably yours. Most of the machines that I have bled on work better ... I don't know about tears. I don't do much crying over copiers. =^..^=

habik
11-15-2017, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I looked through the FSM but couldn't find where the tray sensor is located, so I just poked around a bit – jiggling bits and trying different papers and orientations – and after a while it auto recognised the paper size, but asked to "replenish paper". Some more fiddling, and it noticed that there was paper in there and copied.

I'm marking this resolved, but it's really just voodoo at this point.

The service manual doesn't note what I should offer as a sacrifice to keep the printer running. How many human tears would suffice you think?Loose connection or stuck holder. It may come back. Lube the slider with sensors. Check for proper connections.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

pozar
11-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Loose connection or stuck holder. It may come back. Lube the slider with sensors. Check for proper connections.

You wouldn't have an image or illustration of how the sensor might look? I'm not sure what to look for. In the FSM (40Mb PDF (https://www.dropbox.com/s/97ppggadviokda4/bizhubC451_C550_C650FieldSvc.pdf?dl=0)) on page ≈620 there are images showing the tray, but I don't see anything related to sensors there.

Zesti
11-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Buddy there is paper inside behind paper trays. Happened when there is jammed paper in tray and without removing properly.

pozar
11-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Buddy there is paper inside behind paper trays. Happened when there is jammed paper in tray and without removing properly.

Nope, that happened last week, and people kept mashing the trays to get them to close…

Just checked – no visible paper behind the trays. But maybe last weeks jams bent or mangled something back there? What am I looking for?

Zesti
11-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Nope, that happened last week, and people kept mashing the trays to get them to close…

Just checked – no visible paper behind the trays. But maybe last weeks jams bent or mangled something back there? What am I looking for?

Happened with me last week on C550. Found a paper droped behind tray blocking tray connector to sit in body. I' sure u have same situation.

Custom Search