PDA

View Full Version : c253 help

Custom Search

Frostwolf
09-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Ok we have a c253 that had the c-2152 ( I think that's right) code (transfer belt position problem)

I sent a tech with new belt assembly with the updated detection plate to fix it (already had the detection sensor assy put in), he didn't make sure the belt fit flush into the machine, he locked it down with the front an rear guides even though the belt wasn't in all the way, shut the door and then it was all over, never could get the door open on site, the door latch wedged in with the transfer belt handle. We had to swap the machine out.

Back at the shop the door is eventually opened and the belt put in correctly.

Now we have new issues. The first copy out has a brushed effect on black print only with black developer coming out on the first 4 inches of the lead edge of the first copy, and only the first copy, all other single or multiple copies are OK, it won't do it again until we turn the machine off then back on. Take that Black Imaging unit out and place in another machine and it does fine, we put the original belt back in still does it. Put another belt from another machine in and it still does it, same with a new transfer roller, new imaging unit, and even another detection sensor assy. The new IU didn't start putting developer on the page immediately but has started again after about 20 copies.

What is different about the absolute very first copy than all the others afterwords? It does stabilizer at boot up, but running subsequent stabilization's haven't done it.

We will dig further today. I've got 4 tech trying to get this one figured out. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and a tip "make sure the gears are engaged when you change the belt for heavens sake".

facatoros
09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
suan bizde aynı sorunla karşılaştık ve çözümü modifikasyon yapılmış bir parca var.
AO2E-5033-01 (DEDECTİNG PLATE) PARCASININ SİPARİŞİNİ VER VE TRANSFER BELTE TAKARAK HALLET

Frostwolf
09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I understood the part number, and that is installed. It took care of the c2152 code.

Thanks

Any other ideas?

alfpanasonic
09-05-2008, 06:31 PM
there is a change of factory, but a new unit of transfer may already be changed. If so, when the machine is in stabilization image, you must open the front door to reset the pressure of the units

redime
09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Fighting the same C2152 problem on a C203 model brother... inspect the machine VERY carefully - pull fuser out, inspect for anything stuck - youll need to pop her open as best you can. Code is for transfer BELT - but check that the fuser isnt blocked up and slowing down. Could also try fuser motor :cool:

Frostwolf
09-06-2008, 12:08 AM
the c2152 is solved. its the 4 inches of developer and brushed appearance on the first and on first copy.

We have followed the instructions to replace the detection plate, that include the open and close the front door during the stabilization, per the bulletin.

I can't find anything wrong with the fusing section, can't find anything bent. I've taken it all the way down to the frame on the back, and even removed the drive assembly for the dev units. I haven't found anything wrong yet.

redime
09-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Have you tried cleaning the belt cleaner yet?

Frostwolf
09-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Have you tried cleaning the belt cleaner yet?

Your mean the one on the belt unit? I can't think of anything else. We've tried three different belt units. I've pulled the belt out of the machine at different times, no developer on it. Just the first copy's first four inches. {Pulls Hair}

I'm thinking about swapping the whole right door next. and then look deeper into the drive unit for the belts transfer rollers.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and girls. I'll get a scan of the problem. Maybe that will help. To me it looks like drum and magnet roller brush are not turning correctly. ummm... to be continued

Frostwolf
09-09-2008, 10:38 PM
http://www.riverbendcoc.org/c/c253.pdf sample scan

DadO
09-11-2008, 07:14 AM
This looks very bad....

I know it will be tought (and even not related to issue u have) for u to check if ITB is laying down on contacts inside of machine.

Static build up would do this. Check the ground leaders of the charger assy and of the right door.( since u told us that that u tried to stop paper before charge assy and there wasn't anything wrong on ITB).

Try to doo gradation adjustment since it will change the voltage

Have a pleasant day whit bizHUB C series :)

Frostwolf
09-12-2008, 01:53 AM
This looks very bad....

I know it will be tought (and even not related to issue u have) for u to check if ITB is laying down on contacts inside of machine.

Static build up would do this. Check the ground leaders of the charger assy and of the right door.( since u told us that that u tried to stop paper before charge assy and there wasn't anything wrong on ITB).

Try to doo gradation adjustment since it will change the voltage

Have a pleasant day whit bizHUB C series :)

I've checked the grounds on the door, I didn't see anything wrong, I'll take the duplex cover off and check the one on the rear -soon. KMBS told me to change the HV board or the PRCB. I have a hv board to try from a c203. Its fun taking it that far apart on two machines :(

Not sure how I'd check the contacts for the Transfer Belt.

The contact for the transfer roller on the back (not sure what it does, it has to jump across plastic piece on roller to work ), don't pull on it, a little spring will fall out. Lots of fun putting it back in.:rolleyes:

Been to busy to mess with it.

Just a screwy problem, if it did it every copy, it would be fixed by now. But why just the first and only first copy? sheesh...

to be continued......

Albonline
09-14-2008, 12:22 AM
This looks like a ground problem with the 2nd transer unit . check the right side door carefully. there are grounding pads on each side. front and rear.

Frostwolf
09-17-2008, 01:14 AM
This looks like a ground problem with the 2nd transer unit . check the right side door carefully. there are grounding pads on each side. front and rear.

I've not been able to get back to that machine much yet, but I did see both grounds, I don't see anything wrong with them, they aren't malformed or anything, and touch the frames. I'll get a meter on them soon.

Thanks

Frostwolf
09-24-2008, 12:03 AM
We tried an HV board, no good.

Then we tried the PRCB board, so far it seems to have fixed the problem. {Crosses Fingers}

Thanks

Haroldbfix
09-26-2008, 05:34 AM
We tried an HV board, no good.

Then we tried the PRCB board, so far it seems to have fixed the problem. {Crosses Fingers}

Thanks

I'm interested in this issue, did the PRCB solve it? I agree very weird problem.

Frostwolf
09-26-2008, 03:23 PM
It was working with new PRCB when I left work on Tuesday, I've been at home getting a new roof and remodeling done since then. The guys are supposed to be checking it regularly. Yeah....

I'll let you know if it fails. But all looks good. Darn strange one for screwing with first four inches.

Now PRCB fixed the image problem, the original code was fixed with the update listed earlier, or updated transfer belt.

bigmark
09-27-2008, 01:50 AM
just had similar problem on a C550 copies looked exactly the same. upon inspection, it was the K transfer roller was not being seated close enough to the K drum unit. (in my case it had fallen out of the socket on the front edge) in your case, there is a chance that the rail may have been damaged that the belt sits on when it was put in wrong. I would start inspecting that front half of the rail and checking for burs, or cracks in that plastic rail. once first copy comes through, the tension might be enough to get it into place, then once it goes into rest mode (no pressure on rollers) its not seated correctly again.

Haroldbfix
09-29-2008, 03:02 AM
just had similar problem on a C550 copies looked exactly the same. upon inspection, it was the K transfer roller was not being seated close enough to the K drum unit. (in my case it had fallen out of the socket on the front edge) in your case, there is a chance that the rail may have been damaged that the belt sits on when it was put in wrong. I would start inspecting that front half of the rail and checking for burs, or cracks in that plastic rail. once first copy comes through, the tension might be enough to get it into place, then once it goes into rest mode (no pressure on rollers) its not seated correctly again.

Very informative, Welcome aboard "BigMark"

Frostwolf
10-03-2008, 03:00 AM

That was inspected including frames, nothing was bent or out of place, and it only did it first copy. reboot the machine and only first copy was that way. after changing the prcb, with nothing being touched inside fixed it. It's still working fine now.

Thanks for the input though.

masterteknicion
02-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks for keeping this post updated. I had a customer call the other day for a 2152 code. I was able to reset it and got it working. Since I had a new tb on hand I replaced it. I noticed it didn't clear the counter though. Since it had only 20k on it, I left it. A couple of days later the customer called back for pcq on black. When I got their they showed me exactly what you had, I'm glad you scanned you image. Same thing it only did it on the first copy and the rest were fine. Their was a notice on SSD that says to replace the prcb when it doesn't clear the counter, well now I know it will take care of both of my problems.
Thanks again.

tech51
02-25-2009, 07:12 PM
FYI its ICP5 that blows, rated at 2.5A. Replace that...Job done :):):)

Frostwolf
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for keeping this post updated. I had a customer call the other day for a 2152 code. I was able to reset it and got it working. Since I had a new tb on hand I replaced it. I noticed it didn't clear the counter though. Since it had only 20k on it, I left it. A couple of days later the customer called back for pcq on black. When I got their they showed me exactly what you had, I'm glad you scanned you image. Same thing it only did it on the first copy and the rest were fine. Their was a notice on SSD that says to replace the prcb when it doesn't clear the counter, well now I know it will take care of both of my problems.
Thanks again.

Come to think about it, I never checked the counts on the Belt, it was a new machine, so the counts really weren't that much. If the problem comes back , I'll have to check ICP5.

Thanks

copytechman
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
ICP 5 on the prcb goes straight to source vdc for the xfer fuse? Please confirm.. I'm going to check of my shop machines out for that now. thx!
A.

copytechman
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Edit command hangs up!!! Confirmed! Xfer fuse connector on prcb for c203 series is @ cn33 .. one side to icp 5.. 24vdc... other side i'm guessing is the sense side.. cn33 is not described in the schematic.. it shows the 24v side but not what other side does.. just has a * for a description.... nice...

Regards!
A.

AjitN
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
As we all know CMY first transfer have common lift mechanism which keeps Transfer belt away from IU. This helps to increase the life of CMY Drum surface and also keep very low background toner contamination. This is not true for Black first transfer. We also need to remember that Cleaning blade operation. Since it is always in contact with belt, and there is a reverse rotation of the belt to clean off toner and dirt. I feel operation may have some problem in reverse gears or clutch. Possibly that’s why first copy gets initially black contamination problem.
Although this looks like very interesting problem, very tedious to handle. As suggested please check the base where Belt rest surface for damage.
All the best and keep informed.
Ajit

Custom Search