PDA

View Full Version : Error Code BHC353 C-2253

Custom Search

Desert Rat
11-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Seemed straight forward. Rubber came off the one or the fuser rollers. Get another unit and install it.
The machine printed out everything in the print que. I noticed streaks and traced it to the transfer belt.
Took it out and saw the streaks so I cleaned it with 99% pure alcohol. So far so good.
Cleaned out the cleaning unit and found a couple of pieces of rubber. Wiped the blade off powered both belt and blade
with toner and put it back in and got the code C2253.

C2253: Color PC motor’s failure to turn

I must be stressed because I jumped to the conclusion that rubber might be stuck in the gears.
But hind sight tells me it would have had to go through the back mech plate.
I'll bet I didn't powder the belt and blade enough. I'll check this tomorrow.
Mean while how much trouble is it to pull the motor M2 PC drive motor?

I've just re-read the manual for taking out the belt, I usually pull the drums out about an inch or so for
clearance. But it looks like I did it right. Also read where the color drums are driven by a different motor
than the transfer belt.
Is there something I've overlooked? Please let me know.

I do not know when this machine was discontinued so I'm not sure if it will be worth it to fix it.

Thanks

DR

srvctec
11-16-2017, 01:18 AM
On end of life list June 2017. Not sure how difficult it would be to get to the motor as I've not had to mess with that one yet although I've changed out numerous main motors.

I used to slightly slide out he IUs whenever removing the belt but stopped that years ago when I noticed it doesn't make any difference for clearance. Sounds like you're on the right track since the code wasn't there prior to the fuser failure.

mo0651
11-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Can you manually spin the IU's ?? Then re-seat try again.

Desert Rat
11-22-2017, 04:19 PM
mo0651 & srvctec,

Thank you for your suggestions. As it turned out the yellow drum unit was bound up
probably due to a piece of rubber from the fuser. I replaced that and check the machine.
The drum drive turned OK but the developer drive was very very stiff. Had to use trouble reset
to get it to come back to life. After that,
iIt ran OK, but the transfer belt cleaning did not fix the smears it had to be replaced.
After that, everything fell back into place.

Thanks again

DR

Custom Search